Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2014, 07:37 AM

Results

It's that time of year again on the news, kids opening their GCSE results on the tele, and telling everyone their grades, there is a bit of elation, a bit of sadness, but it ain't no BGT or X factor, does anyone wish to know who scored what?.

Edited = Apart from Mom and Dad.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2014, 07:55 AM

Re: Results

No one interviewed me when I got my school certificate Spitty. 9 subjects, 3 distinctions, 4 credits and 2 passes - not bad eh !
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2014, 08:02 AM

Same here Alan, my family kept the certificates, which I inherited and still have now, might dig them out at some point and show the kids.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2014, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
does anyone wish to know who scored what?.

Edited = Apart from Mom and Dad.
Grandma & Granddad.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2014, 08:14 AM

I`m glad it is all behind me. My last exam was 1999-GCSE A* Italian. Not bad for a bloke who was told at school he was useless at languages,c`est la vie and Noli nothis permittere te terere
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2014, 08:16 AM

I love to watch the elation of the kids on tv when they open their results, but get angry when people come out and say oh exams are not as hard as they used to be. Well maybe not, but I don't think they should put the damper on the achievements of these young people. Better to voice their opinions at another, more appropriate time.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2014, 08:42 AM

I was sweating on mine, my old man said I couldn't leave school unless I got 7 'O' levels. I got the 8 I took - was the happiest day of my life up until then.

Contrary to what every child is told I don't think they have been of any use to me ever. I had obtained a position with GPO Telephones as a 'Youth in Training' long before the results were out and I can't recall ever being asked about them since.

Glad I am not taking exams now, in those days the exam was all that mattered, now the term work counts. I rarely did any work during the term but could 'cram' for exams and remember enough to pass.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2014, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It's that time of year again on the news, kids opening their GCSE results on the tele, and telling everyone their grades, there is a bit of elation, a bit of sadness, but it ain't no BGT or X factor, does anyone wish to know who scored what?.

Edited = Apart from Mom and Dad
Very much so Paul, their peers .
I can remember when my son went to get his GCSE (and A level results) all his 'year' were interested in learning them and making a comparison with other local schools with whom there was a friendly rivalry. The 'peers' were also of great support to each other sharing in the delight of those who had done well and commiserating with those who hadn't.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2014, 08:56 AM

I`m a great believer in if at first you fail try again.

Due to home circumstances my school career was a disaster; A levels D O O . Retake B E E

Clearing to go to University as a chemist-Year 1-pass

Change course. A few years later bump into my old house Master-`Good afternoon Sir` He pauses as his brain goes back-ah yes it`s Burridge what happened to you? I got a PhD in Psychology sir
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2014, 09:06 AM

I didn't do any GCE exams as I left school at 15 to go to work in the mines, but later on I got good grades in my technical exams for my trade as bricklayer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top