Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
david
Hervey Bay Australia
david is male  david has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2014, 11:49 PM

My thoughts on Mods

Hi, I don't get on here much, In fact usually only if I receive an email directing me to a thread, about every second month or more.
I was just reading through the announcements and read the thread on need for more mods and the banning people, and those opting to leave on own omission.
I in writing requested to leave the site Many Many moons ago but I still seem to be a member, Not that that's a great concern, But the question on Mods is.On many forums I have been on, Even my own which I closed I have found Mods to be Bias, Gays, Religious and others who take it on themselves to ban members that offend their beliefs, Buzz very much follows this trend. I have proof to that last statement as I have in the past been a member there under more than 50 different registered names, Been banned because I offended Mods (not the member), Well maybe some times.
P.S. I have only had the need to have ONE registered name on this site, So far
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2014, 12:04 AM

Re: My thoughts on Mods

Why would anyone want to register under 50 different names David? Don't get that.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2014, 12:16 AM

That's what I was wondering.
david
Hervey Bay Australia
david is male  david has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2014, 01:59 AM

In answer to why, This is a trade event.
If you are banned you either have to go away or re-register under a different name. When you learn how the banning process is worked. this is easy to do.
I started trolling after I was set upon by members from Senior Chatters about 5 year ago and it became a lot of Fun which lasted between me and another female member from that site. but as the years rolled on it became boring.
As for now i couldn't care if I ever was a member on any forum, AND I am only responding here now as someone emailed me and it;s only polite to give an answer.
Before I'm banned from this site.
Artemis
USA
Artemis is female 

07-09-2014, 04:12 AM

Hi David,

Moderators are human like the rest of us. The vast majority are fair in their moderation, but just like the rest of us you will from time to time come across someone who is biased in some way.

That being said, I would much rather be on a site with moderators than without them.

It would be like living in a society where there are no rules and no one to enforce them--a total free for all.

Rules are in place for a reason and someone has to be in charge to see that they are adhered to. In society we have law enforcement officers, on a forum we have moderators. I for one am very glad of that.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2014, 05:07 AM

I don't know why it is David but I get the impression that you're the sort of guy who delights in causing trouble and then blames the repercussions on others. Am I right ?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2014, 07:12 AM

I just think it is inevitable some folks on any forum will have more than one profile, for reasons best left to them, I used to take exception at this, but soon found that drawing parallels with Online and Offline communication is sort of similar, the difference Online is the ability to create a character to voice any facet of a personality, the best thing is not to get drawn, and limit time Online, and just let it roll.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2014, 07:23 AM

If you feel the need to be banned, or just want to troll, nobody forced you to respond to that email. You could have ignored it and we would have been none the wiser!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2014, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Artemis ->
Hi David,

Moderators are human like the rest of us. The vast majority are fair in their moderation, but just like the rest of us you will from time to time come across someone who is biased in some way.

That being said, I would much rather be on a site with moderators than without them.

It would be like living in a society where there are no rules and no one to enforce them--a total free for all.

Rules are in place for a reason and someone has to be in charge to see that they are adhered to. In society we have law enforcement officers, on a forum we have moderators. I for one am very glad of that.
Great post Artemis
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2014, 08:39 AM

You wouldn't know everyone on here very well if you don't come on often. Saying that after 2 years on here I never thought that our Mods are biased, gay or religious fanatics either.
I would have thought if you are over 50 which is what this forum is for
there would be no point in changing your name or trolling either.
Why don't you take up mountain climbing or potholing if you want
some excitement instead of picking on people on forums who want to
have someone to talk to and listen to other peoples opinions.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top