Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2014, 10:02 PM

What a support a pet can be............

My lovely Alice, a rescue puss, is 12-13'ish. She's always been my cat, won't tolerate anyone else within feet of her. My grand-daughters' dream is to be able to stroke her, but unfortunately, no chance. There must have been something in her background to make her so wary.

However, she's always there to greet me when I've been out, sits on my knee and interferes with whatever I'm trying to do and also helps unknowingly with the huge gap left when I lost my husband.

My friend of 25 years with a daft Llasa Apso is in the same position.

Animals really do help don't they.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2014, 10:07 PM

Re: What a support a pet can be............

they sure do Alice! my cat loves to sit on my lap, she even lies on top of me in bed and purrs loudly, wouldn't be without her!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2014, 10:07 PM

Pets certainly are a great support throughout my life my pets have been the one constant thing on which I could rely..
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2014, 10:11 PM

they give you unconditional love,they're good company and never answer back!
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2014, 10:13 PM

Honey, you made me smile about lying on top of you in bed. Alice perches on my hip and as she isn't the little 'Fairyfeet' she once was, I have to slowly decant her down to one side where she's usually quite happy after a couple of glares!

As you say Meg, pets are constant. No tantrums, giving it the 'verbals', just unconditional love.............

ps Honey, cross-posts - great minds!!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2014, 10:21 PM

My dogs have each been there for me when I'm upset ,the one i have now is a hyper 4 year old but she knows when to jump up at side of me and lick my face,.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

26-09-2014, 10:22 PM

Alice, my cat lies on my hip too! she almost pins me to the bed! She's so funny, when I'm reading she looks at me then then paws the duvet telling me to open it up then she can get under the covers where it's nice and warm, not daft is she?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2014, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Pets certainly are a great support throughout my life my pets have been the one constant thing on which I could rely..

That is sooo true Meg. I feel exactly the same.
GrumpyOldMan
USA
GrumpyOldMan is male  GrumpyOldMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Originally Posted by Mups ->
That is sooo true Meg. I feel exactly the same.
I agree.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 06:28 AM

I'm reading this while one dog is half lying under the desk trying to lie on my feet (again), while another's planted himself on the left side of my chair (again), and the third is on the right side (again.).
No support from them.
Nope, none at all!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top