Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 11:27 PM

Cameron the con artist.

Are you enticed to vote for someone with a dodgy track record of about turns and changes of mind by a promise that if you vote for him next year he will make benefits to taxpayers in 6 tears time ? As Harold Wilson is quoted as saying " A week is a long time in politics ".
And when a politician looks doe eyed into the lens of a TV camera and says " He knows what the people of Britain want and he is going to give it to them :-
He would "deliver" on a pledge of "English votes for English laws"
The UK could not "walk on by" in the battle with Islamic State extremists
Immigration would be at the heart of his EU negotiation strategy
He would scrap the Human Rights Act
Every teenager could have a place on the National Citizenship Service.
He would roll back legislation from Brussels."

You just know its time to load the family and possessions on the Donkey and head for the hills.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 11:33 PM

Re: Cameron the con artist.

All politicians promise the earth on the run up to elections
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2014, 05:05 AM

Be fair to the man, he lies only when he speaks.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2014, 05:59 AM

All these conference speeches of any party are really just aspirations to reflect their philosophy, so the only question at any election is who's aspirations and philosophy do you prefer the sound of.
seacroft
york
seacroft is male  seacroft has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2014, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
All these conference speeches of any party are really just aspirations to reflect their philosophy, so the only question at any election is who's aspirations and philosophy do you prefer the sound of.
I must say I agree with you Plantman.
I dont feel the prime minister is a con man rather has he said yesterday he feels deeply about Britain.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2014, 09:53 AM

The 'hound dog' expression throughout doesn't work for me, neither does school boy obscenities towards UKIP. If they were mature in their handling of the opposition - I'd have more respect .........
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2014, 09:59 AM

They are all the same - cloned, besuited PPE graduates with little or no experience of real life! A pox on all their houses!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2014, 10:01 AM

At least Farage is consistent - always talks about the matters - not the 'others' - unless they're the Euro lot, then he tells 'them' to their face ...........
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2014, 10:02 AM

I think party conference should be abolished, they are just an excuse for members of each party to fawn over each other and to sicken the public..

I am sure the money wasted on them could be put to better use maybe the politicians paying some of their own expenses like the rest of us
seacroft
york
seacroft is male  seacroft has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2014, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Be fair to the man, he lies only when he speaks.
It seems you are talking about Edd Balls we are talking about David Cameron.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top