Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2014, 10:31 PM

Anyone else had trouble with a Kindle shutting down?

My Kindle Fire is just over a year old (wouldn't you know it?) and has suddenly started turning itself off - for no apparent reason. I'm beginning to wonder if the battery is losing its charge as I can start it up again if I leave it on charge. Has anyone else had a problem similar to this?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2014, 08:54 AM

Re: Anyone else had trouble with a Kindle shutting down?

Sue - if you got your kindle from Amazon, send them a message - they are usually good with customer service ........
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2014, 09:31 AM

Asked my son for you as he has one.
He said you must make sure you have the thing recharged fully.
Press the on button and keep pressing for 20 to 30 seconds and
it should come on again. Otherwise it does turn itself off.
Hope this works for you.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2014, 11:04 AM

Thanks folks. Yes, I do know about keeping it fully charged and pressing the On button, but I have a feeling that the battery is not hanging on to its charge for long - think I will phone Amazon, I did have it from them.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2014, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetsue ->
My Kindle Fire is just over a year old (wouldn't you know it?) and has suddenly started turning itself off - for no apparent reason. I'm beginning to wonder if the battery is losing its charge as I can start it up again if I leave it on charge. Has anyone else had a problem similar to this?
The battery should be good for over a year. My old Sony tablet is still pretty good keeping a charge and it is several years old. As I understand it a Kindle Fire is just a crippled Android tablet so it shouldn't have died yet.
Sweetsue
midWales

10-10-2014, 02:19 PM

Well it hasn't totally died Bruce, it's just that it seems to have developed a habit of suddenly turning itself off and then requires a long time to recharge.
When I say "suddenly turning off" there is no indication that it has totally discharged.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2014, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetsue ->
Well it hasn't totally died Bruce, it's just that it seems to have developed a habit of suddenly turning itself off and then requires a long time to recharge.
When I say "suddenly turning off" there is no indication that it has totally discharged.
Sorry, I mean't that the battery had died or at least was on its last legs
Sweetsue
midWales

11-10-2014, 11:04 AM

I'm so glad you are eschewing obfuscation Bruce - think it will have to be a phone call to Amazon!
digital granma
Co. Durham, England
digital granma is female  digital granma has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 02:15 PM

Do you have a case which shuts down/starts your device? If so try taking it out of the case to use it. I heard this from someone else so have no personal experience of it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 02:25 PM

My old one developed a habit of shutting down even when almost fully charged when I contacted amazon I was shocked at their service, they instantly sent me a new one ! Didn't even want the old one back and helped me get all my books onto the new one too !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top