Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 09:40 AM

Sainsburys Nectar points

Do you have a card? Are you disappointed at the news from Sainsburys that they're reducing the number of points given on shopping? That your own bags will no longer claim points?

I had my email days ago and admit was a bit miffed. I do not shop a great deal in the store, preferring Morrisons. On odd occasions I'll nip in to Asda at the top of our market. So it takes me quite awhile to build up my balance anyway, without them halving my chances!

Shoppers are up in arms, of course, venting their anger on Mail Online. Then there are other readers telling them, well, go to Lidl, or Aldi.

But many people don't have that alternative. Being in East London I can reach every single type of supermarket within a reasonable amount of time, but of course many can't, if they live in remoter areas, and might spend a lot of money in Sainsburys.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 09:50 AM

Re: Sainsburys Nectar points

I do have a card and yes I'm very disappointed that Sainsburys are reducing the number of points given on shopping.

I always found their points system better than other supermarkets. My points are currently worth about £16, which is very good considering I don't go there every week.

Why are they doing it I wonder? I shall have to go and have a read about it as this is the first I've heard.
Thanks Jazzi.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I do have a card and yes I'm very disappointed that Sainsburys are reducing the number of points given on shopping.

I always found their points system better than other supermarkets. My points are currently worth about £16, which is very good considering I don't go there every week.

Why are they doing it I wonder? I shall have to go and have a read about it as this is the first I've heard.
Thanks Jazzi.

I got an email from them, as I have obviously subscribed. Goodness knows why they've come to this decision. Probably costing them too much money. I do believe they are talking about from next year, but not quite sure now.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 10:03 AM

It is disappointing to hear this, I must admit we only use Sainsburys now when they send us vouchers for £12 off a £60 shop. They usually alternate each week with 12p off petrol for a £60 shop which we find very helpful. Even this they have now reduced to £8 off a £40 shop. Which is still very helpful.

My husband works at Morrisons so we get 10% off all our shopping anyway, it was even better the last couple of days as they increased it to 20% off a shop.

We have long since stopped being loyal to any supermarket and go where the offers are.
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2014, 04:29 PM

I just go to lidl or Aldi .cheap enough without having to bother with points ..
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

17-10-2014, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by tomcat ->
With nowhere near the selection, though.
HTB
Lanc's
HTB is male  HTB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 08:59 PM

yes a bit disappointed too Janet.............don't do a lot of shopping there, but normally garner enough points each year for a bottle of single malt..........might only be a half bottle this year.......H
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
With nowhere near the selection, though.
living on my own selection is enough ..
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 10:20 PM

We don't get through a lot of food, not big eaters, so we usually shop in the small local shops and also use Aldi occasionally.

I have shopped over the years and used the nectar card but never got much from it so won't really miss the points.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by tomcat ->
Us too, well him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top