Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Roseredlee
United Kingdom
Roseredlee is female  Roseredlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 06:15 PM

Best Doctor Who

Went from loving this as a pre-teen, to losing interest in the Sylvester McCoy/Colin Baker years, then watching the re-vamp with my children - and still seeing it with them whenever they're home.

So - I loved Patrick Troughton, but probably just preferred Tom Baker by a whisker (or a scarf!) And now - well all the new ones have been terrific, and I do wish Christopher Ecclestone had hung on in there for another couple of series, but Peter Capaldi could well prove to have the edge on them all. Hard to say for sure as it's not clear quite where Steven Moffat is taking him yet. And all the 'old' jokes are hitting the spot nicely.

So - were they right to resurrect the series? And 'Who's' the best?
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 06:27 PM

Re: Best Doctor Who

Its never who is the best Dr Who, its the stories behind them. Peter Capaldi is a great actor, but the stories so far have been lacklustre. I actually fell asleep during last weeks episode.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 07:25 PM

Childhood Dr has to be Patrick Troughton but adult Dr was Christopher Eccleston.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 07:54 PM

Never enjoyed any of the old Drs. Any. None of the actors. Recent ones? Christopher Ecclestone, closely followed by David Tennant.
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 09:13 PM

I think Christopher Ecclestone brought Dr Who back to popularity. David Tennant was a great, but I don't like Peter Capaldi's Dr Who and I think the scripts have been dire.
HTB
Lanc's
HTB is male  HTB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 09:23 PM

mmmmmm hard one Jon Pertwee, until David (McDonald) Tennant came along.........but for side kicks.......I really had the hots as a young man for "Sarah Jane Smith" RIP......closely followed by "Rose" say no more...........a bit of trivia........the new series in USA called "Gotham" Alfred, Bruce Waynes man servant is played by Jon Pertwee's son Sean.............H
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 10:23 PM

Stopped watching it when Tom Baker started, but, had to watch last weeks a member of our Steampunk Group played a doctor (with large moustache) on the train, lovely chap! Must say I enjoyed it, wasn't expecting to!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2014, 01:21 AM

Never mind the Doctors (Pertwee and Baker for me) what about the assistants?

Much as I loved Sarah Jane Smith, Leela was the one for me, her costume and, 'Shall I kill him Doctor?'

Though I must admit to having a soft spot for Rose Tyler.
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2014, 07:19 AM

That is a blow, I thought everyone felt the same as me, all the Doctors except Ecclestone were good, especially Worzel Gummidge, the transition from scarecrow to Time Lord was seamless, such good acting unexpected from a scarecrow. I think that Capaldi is one of the best so far .... he brings even dire scripts to life
Roseredlee
United Kingdom
Roseredlee is female  Roseredlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2014, 09:51 AM

I do think Steven Moffat has been a disappointment as overall head of the franchise. Expectations were so high after he delivered some of the best threads, like the Weeping Angels and River Song, and I know that he does the overarching theme that you don't get till the end very well, but the first episode of this series would have had people switch off in droves if it hadn't been for Capaldi. Naturally the assistants haven't had quite the same appeal for me as for some! but the one I could never make my mind up about was Catherine Tate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top