Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 01:05 PM

Google pulling out of China ?

It seems Google are fed up with attempts made by the Chinese to gain access to e-mail accounts.

I thought china was emerging as a democracy too, . the old Soviet Union did away with their system a decade ago, . . such a shame the Chinese people have to suffer for a few who are in power.
romfty
spain
romfty is male 

13-01-2010, 01:37 PM

Re: Google pulling out of China ?

那裡沒有驚奇! (no surprise there)
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 03:47 PM

lol what does that mean Romfty?

Well my made in China boycott is still holding glad Google are pulling the plug, although I think things may have actually been worse than what was reported...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
"There not surprised!" ........ I copied it into the translator
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 04:00 PM

lol Good one Mags
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 05:24 PM

I`m glad Google is rethinking its censored service. ATM it blocks access to sites as demanded by the Chinese Gvt. A very bad precedent.
It`ll be interesting to see if other services take over Googles` market or back them.
liverbird
Wirral
liverbird is female  liverbird has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2010, 01:01 AM

i hate china
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2010, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->

Well my made in China boycott is still holding glad Google are pulling the plug, although I think things may have actually been worse than what was reported...
Yesterday Google were not saying too much re: the Chinese government.

It's a crying shame for the Chinese people Azz, . . after the slaughter of WW2 the communists took over, then there was Korea, it's been a constant struggle for the common people there.

Richard Nixon tried to open the way for the commie government but all they wanted was cash from the west to initiate their industrial base, . . China has made enormous leaps in the manufacturing field, . . such a shame they did'nt make the same leaps regarding human rights.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top