Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mr rascal
New Member!
blaenau
Mr rascal is male 

15-01-2015, 01:18 PM

why havent we got more women in politics

Hello, I am new on hear and I havnt done this before, please excse my spelling.
why dont we have more women in politics. If in wasnt for a women I would probably be inside by now. My docter was a women, my solicitur is a women and most of the medecal people I have to see are women. If you take it that hafe the people in Uk are women why arnt hafe the government women. Seems a bit out of balunce to me. They woodunt do any worse then this lot would they. Tell a rascal what you fink.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2015, 01:25 PM

Re: why havent we got more women in politics

Simply put it was traditionally a male domain in the not too distant past, it is changing and there are a lot more women politicians than there used to be, especially since the 90s.
I can't think why any sensible woman would want to be a politician though, it has to be the most hated profession whichever political party you belong to.
If you want real power you need to get on in the media, who are by far the biggest influence on the general population.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2015, 01:26 PM

Hi, Rascal, welcome!
We women have got more sense perhaps! I think women like to change things behind the scenes, quietly...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2015, 01:28 PM

It's a bit of a boy club really, and that school boy atmosphere of yelling at each other rather than talking things through and trying to make things better puts some of us off. What do politicians actually achieve ? not a lot we don't see huge improvements in our country, our lives etc the yelling isn't helping but they don't seem able to do what most women will do and talk about the problems.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2015, 01:35 PM

Well, going by the other thread they are probably too fat .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2015, 01:36 PM

They would only say we were nagging
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2015, 01:39 PM

FGS
Most women are too sensible to be politicians
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2015, 01:55 PM

there should be more, after al in most families who looks after the household budget?
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2015, 02:05 PM

Because we like to be doing not talking about doing. Look at the number of successful business women, they didn't talk about doing, they did!

Mainly though because it does not suit us, compare parliament with motor racing, only one of two women have tried F1, but look how many successful women there have been in rallying or sports car racing, that is what they wanted to do and were successful at it.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2015, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Myth and Magic ->
Mainly though because it does not suit us, compare parliament with motor racing, only one of two women have tried F1, but look how many successful women there have been in rallying or sports car racing, that is what they wanted to do and were successful at it.
Yes ... what sort of woman would want to spend her time, driving round and round a circuit ?

Beggars belief

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top