Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2015, 04:06 PM

Unbelievable - Brainwashing

Amazing the power of ideas. How it can influence people to such an extent - even now. An eloquent person can start a cult and followers will do as told whatever the outcome - just blind bonkers faith.

China executes two cult members for McDonald's murder

Should they be executed?

An eye for an eye if you ask me.

They should nail the one that started the cult.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2015, 07:32 PM

Re: Unbelievable - Brainwashing

There was a film made of a cult in the USA,and that was ruled in a similar way ,what ever the leader said they must do they did ,.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2015, 07:42 PM

The word "cult" conjures up negative images for me. Maybe because I fly solo. Why would people want to join a group who have strange ideas? Are they lacking in something? Have they a personality defect? Oh dear
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2015, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
The word "cult" conjures up negative images for me. Maybe because I fly solo. Why would people want to join a group who have strange ideas? Are they lacking in something? Have they a personality defect? Oh dear
Try asking The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints alice.
They are seriously strange in what they believe. stevmk2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2015, 07:52 PM

The cult's core belief is that God has returned to earth as a Chinese woman to wreak the apocalypse. The only person who claims direct contact with this god is a former physics teacher, Zhao Weishan, who founded the cult 25 years ago and has since fled to the United States.

It claims on its website that it has millions of followers and says nearly 400,000 have been arrested between 2011 and 2014.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-31087839
Some people will clearly believe anything
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2015, 08:03 PM

All religion is a form of brainwashing........
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2015, 08:23 PM

Terribly sad state of affairs. I obviously feel sad for the family of the woman that was attacked and kicked to death but I also feel sad for how pathetic many human beings are - so terribly dumb to be influenced in such a way. Ignorance paves the way for extremists and boy this lot must be pig ignorant of a great deal.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2015, 11:18 PM

In this society, it is not uncommon for some evil so and so's, to kick someone to death for entertainment, is that more O.K and acceptable because it is not associated with religious belief, or mental illness?.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

02-02-2015, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
In this society, it is not uncommon for some evil so and so's, to kick someone to death for entertainment, is that more O.K and acceptable because it is not associated with religious belief, or mental illness?.
A different problem for society altogether surely.

The case I brought to everyone's attention has wider implications really. It about sums up what 'religion' is and has always been about - someone's idea (s) that others have followed, and blindly in lots of cases. The sheer power of a person's idea can influence so many. I don't consider such people sheep though but people who are desperate for one thing or another making them ideal candidates for recruitment. Cults - religious deities - is there any difference between them? They all seem to work on the same principles - preying on the misinformed, unbalanced or gullible.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2015, 11:41 PM

Lets hope we never chance upon a megalomaniac.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top