Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 02:27 PM

You vs Footballers (wages)

Nice little feature on the BBC - how do YOU compare?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-31110113
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 02:51 PM

Re: You vs Footballers (wages)

I dread to think Azz about 10 lifetimes on my part I would say
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 03:03 PM

Apparently it would take Wayne Rooney 11 minutes to earn my husbands annual salary and 3 minutes to earn mine - could he even get his boots on in that time

Any way well done to him and hope he is as happy as we are because I always think there are more ways to be rich than just earning a lot of money.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 03:55 PM

Wayne Rooney's current deal at Manchester United, signed last February, earns the England captain almost £300,000 each week.
He is very welcome to it I am sure if you have that much money and can have anything you want at any time it takes all the enjoyment out of the little pleasures in life and the anticipation of when you will have the next one.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 04:48 PM

As I've never watched a football game and it doesn't cost me a cent I really couldn't care less, but having said that I am bemused as to why anyone would actually want to contibute to such a ridiculous sum.....
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 05:12 PM

Not looked at the link but I know they're overpaid - wouldn't want their lifestyle, would be forever looking over your shoulder - too much money encourages creeps of all kinds, very uncomfortable.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
As I've never watched a football game and it doesn't cost me a cent I really couldn't care less, but having said that I am bemused as to why anyone would actually want to contibute to such a ridiculous sum.....
Barry, I totaly agree. What irks me is that these footballers can only get paid these staggering amounts because the TV companies pay such ridiculous fees for the TV rights and then having done so they have to fill the schedules with matches to get the viewing figures they promised the advertisers who in turn hope to sell more of their products.

It's a vicious circle and all the non believers (Like you and me) do pay, not in money terms but in a much reduced TV programme variety. I was until recetly living in a small European country where the sports coverage covered everything and football got only about 10% of the airtime. A far better service but of course you'll never get all the brain dead football fanatics to accept this
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 06:56 PM

Capitalism gone mad. Market forces have driven the wages up. Just goes to show what happens in a market that is unregulated that attracts so many 'mad' fans willing to pay whatever to see 'footy'.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 07:03 PM

Lets just say you have a basic Sky TV package, say £15 pm, I bet £10 of this somehow makes it into sports sponsorship, so you can't avoid bankrolling these geezers.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 07:38 PM

It's kind of you either rich or poor , the gap between working class and people with money seems to get bigger , for donkey's years I been doing work for a billionaire , won't mention his name , I become quite good friend of him and his family over the years , he often phone say he going away and ask if I can keep a eye on his property , or pick him up from the air ports , I am not on a wage but so often he give me lump sum of cash , remember on day I was walking his dogs , as I return to his house , he and his daughter were celebrating, I ask what the occasion, he said I been on the phone for 2 hours and earn 40 million , he normally carry a cash flow of quarter of a million and he has several body guards around him , he always carry a little bag of gold nuggets , and give them away as gifts , mainly to Arabs , on my 40s birthday he and his wife give me a gold watch , what he got made from one of these nuggets . These footballers live like kings, but there's so many super rich people out there, that make footballers look poor , and us working class hell lot poorer , then everyday thousands in this world die of hunger , I just don't know

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top