Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Rattmomm
New Member!
Georgia
Rattmomm is female 

06-02-2015, 02:20 PM

Does The World Get To You?

Does anyone have days when the world gets to you? The news, the killings, the cruelty, the hatefulness?

It's hard to get away from it. My husband calls the local news the Murder Report. Every single day there's at least one murder, usually more. Just in our area.

It just seems like humans have gone crazy. I don't understand the world anymore.

Hope I didn't bring anyone down with this post.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 02:31 PM

Re: Does The World Get To You?

I stopped buying a newspaper about 30 years ago because I was sick of the total negativity it bought with it...
Everyday a new scare or health warning , floods, asteroids and terrorists..
Im not blind I know there are horrors in the world (I still watch the news but I dont need more of it via a newspaper.)

I try not to engage in gossip as well, there are a group of lady dog walkers I avoid beause the negative way they speak about other neighbours and so-called friends make me feel dirty..

Im not saying we dont all try to set the world to rights from time to time but seeking out negativity is something I really dont need.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 02:33 PM

Yes it can get you down if you dwell on it Donna, I try to avoid the news as much as I can lately, but it's all around you wherever you go. I agree with you, the world has gone mad.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 02:38 PM

I just unplug My tv/laptop/phone every now and again for a few days and just listen to My music or read and have a chill-out time from all the Worlds cares,that usually prevents any attacks of the blues '~)
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by aquablue ->
I just unplug My tv/laptop/phone every now and again for a few days and just listen to My music or read and have a chill-out time from all the Worlds cares,that usually prevents any attacks of the blues '~)
That sounds like a good idea May. You get fed up with the lot of it at times.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Yes it can get you down if you dwell on it Donna, I try to avoid the news as much as I can lately, but it's all around you wherever you go. I agree with you, the world has gone mad.
it's also a bad world, I don't read newspapers or follow the latest news, I'd rather live in my own little world where negativity can't get in, I close my mind to what's going on around the world, it might sound uncaring but I've suffered many losses in my life and there's no room left in my heart nor my brain to concern myself with what's happening worldwide.
I choose to switch off because it makes my life a little easier and I can focus on what really matters to me, selfish perhaps but that's how it has to be
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rattmomm ->
Does anyone have days when the world gets to you? The news, the killings, the cruelty, the hatefulness?

It's hard to get away from it. My husband calls the local news the Murder Report. Every single day there's at least one murder, usually more. Just in our area.

It just seems like humans have gone crazy. I don't understand the world anymore.
Hope I didn't bring anyone down with this post.
Hi Donna - feel exactly the same as you x
The reasons I think, are these - Drugs - Sex and violence thrown at us via the media - and, there are no role models today.
So, I'm just thankful to have grown up in a time full of feel good factors that I can look back on ........
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 04:48 PM

I don't bother with the news as it always seems to be bad. I've learned to remain pretty detatched from the outside world and instead concentrate on my family and friends. A bit lacking in compassion? maybe, but I don't lose any sleep over it.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 04:55 PM

you're my twin!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 05:31 PM

Ditch the TV like I have done and you will become absolutely ignorant of all that goes on in the world - unless you seek it out that is.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top