Join for free
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2015, 12:29 AM

Ever been to China and survived?

Your one of the lucky ones - china has never been known for any high standards in the health of its nation. This is why many european countries pay high taxes. Maintaining high standards of health and healthy living costs money - health and safe living standards left to the private sector would deteriorate rapidly.

If you want the good and safe life you have to pay for it.

Read on:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-2...?section=world
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2015, 02:57 AM

Re: Ever been to China and survived?

Not a country I would visit even for free. One of those places with staggering human rights violations above and beyond what I want to even imagine. Unless I was going to pick up a baby I would never go there.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2015, 09:47 AM

My brother went .. He was treated like a circus freak hes 6'7" and everywhere he went people wanted photos with the 'giant'.

But he ate for free although always seated at the back of the restaurant. This was so that people would come in and eat just to get a look at him.. The profit this made was more than the cost of his meal!

My brother is an aircraft fanatic and has flown all over the world and spends hours plane spotting..
He said the scariest flight hes ever been on was an internal one in China. No seat belts and with chickens and other birds in the passenger cabin. It was a nightmare. He said there was gaffer tape stuck round the edge of one window and it ran down the wall and across the floor..

He and his mates arranged a train back to Beijing for their flight home.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2015, 10:03 AM

I have to admit that certain aspects of China fascinate me. Certainly not the animal cruelty. It's atrocious.
KnickerFarage
London
KnickerFarage is female  KnickerFarage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 05:50 AM

Went to china a few years ago, it was a wonderful country to visit. absolutely fascinating.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top