Join for free
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 02:46 PM

Social experiments

I find them fascinating - not because they humiliate the offending person (lets face it we're all allowed to make mistakes... and develop and evolve as people) but because I consider them to be life experiences that everyone, can in some way, benefit from.

Here are a few from a famous social experiment show:

I do wonder whether they actually change the mind (and hearts) of people ...or whether their effect is temporary (neutralised by the everyday 'hate' press/media such as in the DailyHateMail).
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 02:54 PM

Re: Social experiments

I can't find a link but one they did about a man in a wheel chair and a downs syndrome woman always stuck with me and made me talk to people not the person with them. I was shocked not just they were ignored but that some people actually spoke very unkindly as if they could not hear what they said.

I was involved in a situation with a deaf person once where due to misunderstanding the company we visited (PC World) thought we were both deaf. The conversation they had with their backs turned thinking we were both unable to hear was shockingly unkind and nasty.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 03:01 PM

I think if they make people think about what they say before the open their mouths its great.

Same as the ones where people dont intervene its just enough to make many people stop and think and maybe it will help change attitudes ..even if its just one or two ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiS5_oGHzKI

My daughter collapsed (low blood sugar) all the 'normal' 'decent ' people walked past, it was a goth girl and her BF who stopped and got a can of cola for my daughter to drink.. Another case of not judging people by how they appear.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 03:09 PM

Thought provoking videos ..

The problem is as with similar things the people who could learn something by watching the videos won't bother to watch them . They will just dismiss them because they don't fit in with their prejudices .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
My daughter collapsed (low blood sugar) all the 'normal' 'decent ' people walked past, it was a goth girl and her BF who stopped and got a can of cola for my daughter to drink.. Another case of not judging people by how they appear.
That happened to Dad a type one diabetic on more than one occasion Cass. Similarly when he had Meniere's disease a condition of the middle ear which made him dizzy and he was found clinging to a wall people thought he was drunk.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 03:20 PM

Sadly this thread is unlikely to get even a quarter of the views threads do that are anti Muslim. Says something really doesn't it
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 03:28 PM

I've changed the title maybe that will help
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 03:34 PM

They would have an affect on me - but I would weigh every thing up as I usually do
Everything in moderation and the world would be a better place for it - the problem is that the 'minorities' for want of a better word - are usually 'in yer face' and want radical changes - if they were a bit more content, I'm sure we all would be ...........
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 03:36 PM

From what I see in the videos, these are ignorant people
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That happened to Dad a type one diabetic on more than one occasion Cass. Similarly when he had Meniere's disease a condition of the middle ear which made him dizzy and he was found clinging to a wall people thought he was drunk.
I could hardly walk straight when my BP went over the top and my anxiety level rose cause i was worrying what people thought of me clinging to the wall .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top