Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 04:57 PM

The Queen

All the news today is of the Queen being Britain's longest serving monarch.

A friend and I saw her one day many years ago, being driven through a quiet lane between villages near here. I can't remember what it was all about now, but me and my friend Sylvia couldn't believe it when the royal car came round a bend and there she was, right in front of us. I had my camera with me and I remember quickly taking a picture as she waved to us. We were chuffed to bits because we were all on our own with no crowds pushing and shoving us.
I'll try and dig it out and post it on here if I can find it.

Have you ever seen the Queen in 'real life'?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 05:50 PM

Re: The Queen

Yes Carol and I met up to see the Queen ,Prince William and Kate ,when they came to Nottingham ..
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 06:41 PM

No I've never seen any of the Royal family

I think the Queen has done a wonderful job for all these years
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Yes Carol and I met up to see the Queen ,Prince William and Kate ,when they came to Nottingham ..
Yes that was a nice day. Unfortunately Eliza & I lost one another in the crowds - hurrah for mobile phones - we met up afterwards.

After we'd seen her on the balcony of the town hall - I ran as fast as I could to Upper Parliament street so I could see her car go past. I got a brilliant kerbside view and then a younger woman tried to push in my place. A lovely young police woman stepped in and told her to get away from me. Mind you - if she hadn't backed off I would have punched her!!

When the Queen finally drove past I could have reached out and touched her.

Another time I saw her was when she was touring the country for her silver anniversary - sometime in the seventies. Again I lined the kerbside with thousands of people to catch a glimpse of her. I still remember she was dressed in turquoise.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 07:46 PM

Have you ever seen the Queen in 'real life'?
No I haven't but my sister's eldest daughter presented her with a bouquet when she opened a sheltered housing unit and my husband had lunch with her in the 70's when he was on secondment from his regiment to the (RRE) RSRE .
He was amazed how tiny she was .
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 08:08 PM

I have seen the Queen on a few occasions when she has been on private visits to Chatsworth.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 08:25 PM

When I was still at school we were all lined up on thepavement to see her go past.......nobody clapped so theheadmaster told us off at assembly the next day.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 08:31 PM

Yes a few years ago, the Queen was visiting Maldon and Felstead and I went to see her.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 08:32 PM

My Son was in Waverley Station today after seeing the Foo Fighters band in Edinburgh last night, he said they were a lot of people waving and didn't realise who it was until someone said..
Yes i saw her and Philip in our town about 14yrs ago at some celebration, their car drove slowly through the centre of the town, also i saw Prince Charles another time as i had come out of work with some friends one lunchtime to get something to eat, he was passing in a car and waved at us, we found out later he had been opening a new Works Building or something nearby..
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 08:34 PM

http://www.over50sforum.com/picture....pictureid=6609

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top