Join for free
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 01:47 PM

Teacher Killed In Sweden School Sword Attack

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/sword-atta...5.html#fmf6y2r

One teacher has been killed and two students wounded in a sword attack at a school in western Sweden, police say.

Police said they were called to reports of a masked attacker rampaging through the cafe area of the Kronan school in Trollhattan, north of Sweden’s second-largest city Gothenburg.

One male teacher was pronounced dead at the scene, while two students, aged 11 and 15, suffered severe cuts.

The attacker is also in a serious condition after he was shot by police.

Police spokesman Thomas Fuxborg said the suspect, who is in his 20s, carried more than one weapon, including "at least one knife-like object."

He said police fired two shots, one of which hit the masked man.

He also said a second male teacher was wounded, although his condition is unknown.

Local media had previously reported that two other students were also injured in the attack.

Terrifying accounts of the attack are now starting to emerge.

One teenage student told Sweden's English-speaking news site The Local he was forced to run from the attacker after his teacher was stabbed.

"I was in a classroom with my class when one of my classmates’ sisters called her to warn her that there was a murderer at the school," he said.

"So we locked the door to the classroom, but our teacher was still outside in the corridor.

"We wanted to warn him, so a few of us went outside and then I saw the murderer, he was wearing a mask and had a sword. Our teacher got stabbed.

"The murderer started chasing me, I ran into another classroom. If I had not run, I would have been murdered. I’m feeling really scared. Everyone’s scared here."

Police have now cordoned off the school, where distressed students and parents are gathered.

The injured have been taken to the nearby NAL hospital in Trollhattan.

Hospital spokesman Niklas Claesson said the assailant is being treated for gunshot wounds.

"The other people treated at the hospital are young but not kids," he said.

"Some of them have serious injuries and are being operated on."

The motive for the attack remains unclear.

It is also not yet known whether the suspect had any ties to the school.

Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Lofven has cleared his schedule and is heading to Trollhattan.

Some 400 students, ranging from pre-school to high school, attend the school.

More follows...
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 01:51 PM

Re: Teacher Killed In Sweden School Sword Attack

The comments re the above article obviously show what the majority of people are thinking, but who knows? Another dreadful occurrence no matter who the villain is.
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 08:50 PM

I used to teach in a college of further education. Some of the kids were under 16 and not in regular school for various reasons. One girl in my class wasn't working so I asked her to open her book and get on with her work. She jumped up, screamed obscenities and threw her bag at me. Six weeks later she killed her house mother in the children's home where she had been placed. She was a wife and mother of small children. The girl was 15.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

22-10-2015, 09:15 PM

I heard earlier from a Swedish neighbour that it was a 20 year old Swedish boy who did this terrible thing. I believe a young boy is also dead as well as a teacher. It´s very sad.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top