Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 08:37 AM

Look what's coming!!!

Given the severe cut-backs in central Government spending to local authorities, this is the inevitable consequence:

http://www.aol.co.uk/news/2015/12/18...6pLid%3D412968
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 09:17 AM

Re: Look what's coming!!!

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Given the severe cut-backs in central Government spending to local authorities, this is the inevitable consequence:

Hi

I fail to follow your logic UJ.

You and Corbyn wish to protect Public Services, which means more tax.

You are getting what you want.

You can only spend what you have coming in, simple fact of life.

The economics of fantasy, spend more and you have to borrow more, more interest payments, and at a higher rate of interest.

Blair and Brown maxed out our credit cards, we need to pay them off.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 09:47 AM

I bet UJ still thinks Father Christmas was a Labour supporter as well
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I bet UJ still thinks Father Christmas was a Labour supporter as well

Certainly not, but (allegedly) 'Father Christmas' was based on St; Nicholas, who was a Russian, so it could be said he was a Communist!!!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 12:30 PM

Certainly not, but (allegedly) 'Father Christmas' was based on St; Nicholas, who was a Russian, so it could be said he was a Communist!!!
Merry Xmas UJ.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 01:02 PM

With all due respect Joe, this has been on the cards for at least 3 months and I did mention it sometime ago.

It was blatantly obvious that Councils would have to find revenue as Central Government cut subsidies so there could only be one answer.

On a slightly different tack, but related, I saw this: -

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6779201.html

Again, not exactly a surprise but seeing three different newspapers this week sniping at the disparity between the rich and poor in this country and pooh-poohing Cameron’s “One Nation” rhetoric was surprising to me considering how many of those newspapers traditionally support the Conservatives. stevmk2
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 01:24 PM

Im a bit suspicious of some of the press attacks on the PM, do believe their is an ongoing agenda to have Osbourne take his place. They are usually supportive of their Tory masters.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 01:27 PM

Especially those owned by the "Dirty Digger".
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 01:41 PM

I think you are right on this one, apparently the Elves work in a "Closed Shop" environment.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 02:15 PM

Hi

Cameron is a bumbling oaf, but bless him, he does try.

Osbourne is dangerous, far more right wing, and he is backed by some very powerful interests.

My local MP, who is somewhere to the right of Attila the Hun, speaks highly of Osbourne.

He sees him as acceptable, electable and a man who, as Prime Minister, would "sort this country out"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top