Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 11:40 AM

A Win, Win, Win is on the Cards

Hi

This could be the best year for ages.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eferendum.html

Just imagine it, out of the EU and no more Cameron or Corbyn.

Could things get any better?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 12:20 PM

Re: A Win, Win, Win is on the Cards

The EU is dead in the water, it has not, and never will be a viable proposition for the the people of Europe and deep down Dave knows. The EU has been like a snowball rolling down a hill, gathering speed and growing ever larger, until it's inevitable breakup. But it has thrown up it's hero's and villains, and soon a clean sweep of all the deadwood will occur and Britain can get back to doing what it does best - leading the world in invention and manufacturing. To much time and money has been spent focusing on events outside of the UK, it's now time to focus on being self sufficient once again by producing our own steel, shipbuilding and energy which also provides proper jobs for our young people. By being part of a 'Global Economy' we have turned Britain into an industrial backwater. Let our farmers supply our food and not have to rely on cheap imports supplied by an endless convoy of lorries travelling too and fro into Europe. Buy British and lets stand alone once more.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 02:28 PM

They won't have an election, surely, whoever becomes prime minister will want to stick there.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

NO!
That sounds good to me Swim.
That sounds good to me!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 02:41 PM

I read somewhere that if there is a vote to leave the EU we have to give 2 years notice so nothing much will happen overnight.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I read somewhere that if there is a vote to leave the EU we have to give 2 years notice so nothing much will happen overnight.
Hi

Not exactly.

We are allowed 2 years to complete negotiations, should we choose to.

If we vote Out, we can just go.

Not a good idea though I must admit, they would retaliate big time.

Yes, we Import more than we Export to the EU.

However that is spread amongst all the EU Nations, so not a big hit for each individual member Country.

A totally catastrophic hit for the UK though.

I am convinced that we need to leave the EU in it's present form.

I am equally convinced that Call me Dave is an idiot.

He has staked everything on a yes vote, when he loses, absolutely no forward planning at all.

We will suffer, it will be horrendous, whilst with a bit of planning, we could leave with a Minimal Impact, with a clever Politician in charge we could leave to our advantage.

He is an idiot, we deserve better.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 03:24 PM

Hi
Not exactly.
We are allowed 2 years to complete negotiations, should we choose to.
Hi Gibbs I remember now, I heard it being discussed on the radio that must have been it then.

I appreciate there will be some things to sort out but two years seemed a ridiculous long time to get out .

I think when it comes to the vote a lot of people will get cold feet and decide to maintain the status-quo, so nothing will happen anyway..
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 03:45 PM

Considering the amount of time it can take to resolve the financial aspects of a divorce, and considering how much more complicated the untangling of a 'project' like the EU must be, I think 2 years would be superfast. More like 20, perhaps? One reason I am apprehensive about a UK withdrawl. Perhaps all 28 will declare the project not fit for purposeand go for a mass dissolve?

I really don't know which way I would vote, should we ever get a referendum. I don't think I know enough, or have a good enough crystal ball. I consider myself fairly well informed though, so how those who take no interest in the world of politics are supposed to make an informed choice heaven only knows
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
The EU is dead in the water, it has not, and never will be a viable proposition for the the people of Europe and deep down Dave knows. The EU has been like a snowball rolling down a hill, gathering speed and growing ever larger, until it's inevitable breakup. But it has thrown up it's hero's and villains, and soon a clean sweep of all the deadwood will occur and Britain can get back to doing what it does best - leading the world in invention and manufacturing. To much time and money has been spent focusing on events outside of the UK, it's now time to focus on being self sufficient once again by producing our own steel, shipbuilding and energy which also provides proper jobs for our young people. By being part of a 'Global Economy' we have turned Britain into an industrial backwater. Let our farmers supply our food and not have to rely on cheap imports supplied by an endless convoy of lorries travelling too and fro into Europe. Buy British and lets stand alone once more.
Excellent post OGF.

The sad thing is that because of so much interference, meddling and red tape by the EU, it has had serious repercussions, one of which is the most serious. that of Cancer Research.
Before we joined the EU we were one of the world-leaders in this Research. Now due to bungling rules and regulations (which we follow slavishly) we lag far behind the USA in Cancer Research instead of leading the way as we once did.

If only we could put the pain, the damage, the ruination that the EU has caused, under a microscope !

I long for the day when we can rule ourselves again without interference from this discredited, fraudulant corrupt institution. The sooner, the better.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 04:28 PM

Hi

What joy, if only.....

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Great post, if only.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top