Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 11:24 AM

A tale of woe

My manageress and I were at a rapter centre cafe and this middle aged man walked in with his wife. He was ranting and raving about how wished he had not gone out the day before and bought a Nikon DSLR. He was going on something rotten for everyone to hear about the camera not working and should be thrown out. My manageress who was near to him than me said I had Nikons which she borrowed sometimes, maybe she could look at it for him. When she switched it on it was dead. yes you guessed it, when she looked in the menu it showed no power in the battery. She handed it back and he shouted to his wife "You never told me the battery needed charging" then stormed out of the cafe with his wife following well behind. We both and several others in the cafe had a big grin on our faces.
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 11:48 AM

Re: A tale of woe

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
My manageress and I were at a rapter centre cafe and this middle aged man walked in with his wife. He was ranting and raving about how wished he had not gone out the day before and bought a Nikon DSLR. He was going on something rotten for everyone to hear about the camera not working and should be thrown out. My manageress who was near to him than me said I had Nikons which she borrowed sometimes, maybe she could look at it for him. When she switched it on it was dead. yes you guessed it, when she looked in the menu it showed no power in the battery. She handed it back and he shouted to his wife "You never told me the battery needed charging" then stormed out of the cafe with his wife following well behind. We both and several others in the cafe had a big grin on our faces.
He was obviously attempting a bid for moron of the week award. I feel sorry for his wife, what did the poor woman do to deserve being married to such an obnoxious duck egg.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 12:57 PM

I had an argument with an insane woman yesterday over parking. She attempted to park her tiny car behind mine with plenty of room to spare but she just couldn't manage it. Kept ending up three feet from the curb. I needed to get some boards out of the back of my car so after she had stopped, I proceeded to open my back door and remove the boards.

I took some and then returned for some more, at which point she flew out of her car and started spouting about how rude I was opening my door when she was trying to park and how I was 'typical rude English' (she was French or Italian or something).

Anyway, I ended up having this really strange, controlled argument with her which went on for about fifteen minutes.
I politely explained that if anyone was rude it was her for being such a gobshite and that if she didn't like the English she should move back to where she came from as nobody wanted her here anyway. I also used the race card and called her racist (being dying to do that for years).

In the end I was smiling at her whilst giving her a real character assassination. I told her she needed to go away and think about her personality,which obviously infuriated her more because someone had dared to answer her back.

She kept insisting that I had done something wrong and was very rude. I said I may have done something that annoyed her but I hadn't done anything 'wrong'.

I then suggested she took some extra driving lessons.

Probably the strangest argument I have ever had as I didn't resort to my usual swearing.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 01:21 PM

Ha I would have loved to have seen that!

And Realspeed what is a a rapter centre café?
Sounds scary
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 02:39 PM

Sorry Realspeed, didn't mean to hijack your thread but was carrying on the theme of certain people who are out to make a scene for no reason.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

08-05-2016, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
In a funny sort of way, I quite enjoyed it. Is that too weird?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
In a funny sort of way, I quite enjoyed it. Is that too weird?
Wrong thread Longdogs!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

08-05-2016, 02:47 PM

Should that have been on 'Naked Gardening?'
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

08-05-2016, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Should that have been on 'Naked Gardening?'
Haha! You're funny!
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->

And Realspeed what is a a rapter centre café?
Sounds scary
I didn't know either, looks interesting

http://www.raptorfoundation.org.uk/

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top