Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2016, 09:25 PM

Birds of Prey

I was at a 'Food Lovers Festival' on Sunday and was fortunate enough to arrive early and meet these lovely birds. No, they were not being offered on a plate !

Harris Harrier.

Barn Owl

Young Falcon

Close up of Falcon - is it just me or does he look incredible sad ?

lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2016, 09:48 PM

Re: Birds of Prey

I'm jealous you got to see such lovely birds!
I think the last young 'un is wishing he was elsewhere, or maybe since he's all puffed up, he's just plain tired!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 07:49 AM

There was also a Burrowing Owl and a Long Eared Owl but they were rather agitated and not still long enough to be photographed. The nearby posters said they from a Bird of Prey Sanctuary but the young man in charge of them was rather evasive about where that was - although he was very knowledgeable about the birds and their habits. As soon as the day became warm and the venue crowded he took them home.

They are so beautiful.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 10:31 PM

Bloody shame to see such beautiful creatures chained to a post , so someone can push a camera in their face. Would you not look miserable. ?

Animal cruelty.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 11:04 PM

There was a programme on tonight you might have enjoyed Nom, it was a chap called Steve Backshall showing wildlife in Africa.
They showed how to 'milk' venomous snakes to make antidotes to their poison, huge big old hippos bathing in rivers, elephants, baby bush babies, and a gigantic Martials Eagle. They were trapping the Eagle to fit a tracker to her, then she was released again. She was a huge bird and looked quite magnificent flying off, enormous wingspan.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 11:07 PM

I have a friend who flies his birds at organised events ST. He goes out across the fields flying them around his home too.
I haven't seen him for a good while, but I assume he still does it.
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 11:11 PM

Not exactly a bird of prey (unless you are dead) these black vultures spend much of their time consuming road-killed animals. I took this near a pool in Florida and told some of the other old folks to make sure they moved every now and then. Didn't want him to think that they were ready for eating!!

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

31-05-2016, 11:24 PM

Quite a menacing looking old bird Dave, looks to just flown in from filming a horror movie!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

01-06-2016, 06:48 AM

Wow Dave - that is one scary bird !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

01-06-2016, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Bloody shame to see such beautiful creatures chained to a post , so someone can push a camera in their face. Would you not look miserable. ?

Animal cruelty.
I apologise for offending you, Nom.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top