Join for free
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 05:20 AM

Solitude.

In the midst of madness, i know how she feels. Video of a dog at odds with its fellow animals..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-herself.html
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 07:47 AM

Re: Solitude.

I know exactly how she feels
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 08:48 AM

Sensible dog ...
Not feeling well disposed to my fellow man this morning having been told about this by a neighbour...

A VILLAGER has described the "carnage" after he saw a group of ducks get mown down by a speeding driver in Hanley Swan.

Duncan Williams, of Blackmore Park Road, was driving home from Worcester at around 8pm on Thursday, June 2, when he saw the car plough into a group of ducks stood at the crossroads of the B4209, killing three.

The incident moved village shop owner Rosalind Davies to kick-start a petition to get traffic calming measures installed along the road - and she has already got hundreds of signatures.

Mr Williams said: "I saw this car coming down at a rate of knots. I thought I had better wait and within the same blink all these ducks came. She just ploughed through the ducks and they went over the roodfand under the wheels."

Mr Williams reported the incident to the police after following and speaking to the driver with another couple.

He said: "All I could see was the carcasses and carnage of these animals. That could have easily bee children feeding the ducks. Something needs to be done about this."
a 30mph area on the village green , the ducks are much loved by the local children including my grandchildren
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 08:50 AM

Moi aussi!
That's horrid Meg! We've got a river running through our village and no longer replace the ducks. We have a sign saying " slow for ducks" but it didn't work.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 10:56 AM

It looks as if the dog really doesn´t want to be there but somebody is saying "stay".
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 11:03 AM

When I first saw it I assumed something similar Clumsy, as he is watching the camera person so intently - maybe someone is holding some kind of treat for the pup.

Those poor ducks.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
When I first saw it I assumed something similar Clumsy, as he is watching the camera person so intently - maybe someone is holding some kind of treat for the pup.

Those poor ducks.

I agree LMB.

Regarding the ducks, that is such a damn shame, poor ducks.One can only hope it was instant and they didn't suffer.
I also believe it traumatises the other birds in the group.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->

Those poor ducks.
Or the owner standing nearby

I know some people will think I am daft getting so upset about a few birds but to me such callous actions signify a total disregard for living creatures who add beauty to our lives...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2016, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Or the owner standing nearby

I know some people will think I am daft getting so upset about a few birds but to me such callous actions signify a total disregard for living creatures who add beauty to our lives...

Well I don't think you're silly at all Meg. It's good some people care, else we might all be like that moron motorist.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2016, 02:41 AM

The mentality of some people - or lack thereof - never ceases to amaze me.

In and around my village we enjoy the company of around a hundred resident kangaroos.

A while back, late at night, some person(s) in a stolen 4WD, with a huge 'bull-bar, thought it fun to mow down FOURTEEN of them.
Deliberately lined them up, went off-road even and ploughed into them - even small joeys.
Not all died immediately - absolute carnage.

The arseholes have never been caught,
They were very, very lucky that locals did not get to them on the night !

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top