Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 05:06 PM

computer power units (PU)

Originally I thought the problem of my computer not switching on every time was down to the mouse. Since then I have been reading up on my Corsair AX750 PU and it seems there have been several instances with similar problems. In my case it looks as if the actual power switch has a loose connection or something as it requires operating a couple of times even though the computer button works.
So after 4/5 years of constant use which it has had, maybe it is time for an upgrade. To this end just purchased a later version the Corsair AX 760 which as very good reviews and supposedly a lot of updated components in it. It should arrive tomorrow so have to wait and see. All the power connections hopefully will be the same so should be a fairly easy swap.
Yes I do have an earth lead for my wrist so I won't damage any delicate electronic parts inside the computer.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 08:28 PM

Re: computer power units (PU)

OK AX760 PU now installed and problem solved. Shut down and started up several times and worked every time in short succession.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
OK AX760 PU now installed and problem solved. Shut down and started up several times and worked every time in short succession.
Well done Realspeed. So nice to win with these things.

Does the new power supply have a quiet fan? Not a concern for everyone but just something I always try to go for. Never have been able to stand the whirring of fans and some are quieter than others.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 10:07 AM

I had endless problems with my previous pc starting up and found that a hard slap with the palm of my hand did it. Honestly! Worked every time.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

30-06-2016, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Well done Realspeed. So nice to win with these things.

Does the new power supply have a quiet fan? Not a concern for everyone but just something I always try to go for. Never have been able to stand the whirring of fans and some are quieter than others.

My computer has 5 fans = 3 case fans
= 1 power unit fan
= 1 cpu (central processing unit) fan

The computer on my desk is about 2 ft away and I can't hear a thing it is that quiet. Remember this computer is a self build so every component was hand picked

The case fans are Bequiet silent wings the quietest you can get.

Doesn't show PU fan on here
To see bios data hold down delete key while computer is starting

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top