Join for free
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2016, 09:35 AM

Tiger Cubs

A visit to a local zoo and some pics of some Tiger cubs. These were very difficult to photo as the viewing area was very small and there was an awful lot of people trying to get a view. The focus is off slightly as I was shooting through two fences and in between foliage, not to mention people pushing and jogging my camera, plus I had to wait a long time for the tigers to move, as they tend to sleep all day. The cubs were born in May and they have only been seen in public in the last few weeks. This is the best of several hundred shots and several hours of patience.

Enjoy

And a very proud mum giving them a wash...

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2016, 09:37 AM

Re: Tiger Cubs

Very photogenic animals, like the expression in 2, and 3 is my favourite.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2016, 09:53 AM

Ah, beautiful pictures Graham.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2016, 09:54 AM

Surely the most stunning of all creatures.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2016, 10:01 AM

Thanks for sharing those photos Graham, and don't worry about the quality of the shots, they were great. It is the first time I have ever seen a tiger mother's tongue washing her cubs.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2016, 12:01 PM

Wow Graham,you have the patience of a saint to get these wonderful photos...they are so clear too ...just lovely!! I love big and small cats
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2016, 03:31 PM

They are very beautiful Graham
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2016, 04:12 PM

It reminds me of the time we visited a big cat conservation centre. We had a private tour which included getting very close to the animals and even feeding them.

There was a photographic journalist who had paid to take photographs for use in magazines and he was crouching on a grass bank just outside the Bengal tiger enclosure. He was busy looking through his zoom lens, getting some really close up shots when suddenly the twelve foot long tiger leapt from a lying down position to standing on his back legs and crashing his massive paws against the wire fence - all in a split second. I've never seen anyone move so quick. His camera and tripod went crashing to the floor and the photographer ended up on his back.

He wasn't impressed when I asked if he could do it again so that I could capture it on film.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top