Join for free
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2016, 01:55 PM

Hope Floydy's Tenerife Holiday doesn't go with a bang

The Government of the Canary Islands has summoned an emergency meeting to analyse the recent seismic activity in Tenerife after more than 90 mini quakes were recorded.

That's one bloom in big volcano.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2016, 01:58 PM

Re: Hope Floydy's Tenerife Holiday doesn't go with a bang

Old Dear!

Ooops! sorry I meant 'Oh Dear!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2016, 12:01 PM

Apparently a long time ago the side of a mountain slipped into the sea on the Island of Tenerife causing the largest tsunami ever recorded. It swept across the Atlantic and destroyed vegetation up to a height of over 150 metres in Canada. That was how it was discovered by Geologists. Long before the Eastern seaboard of America was populated. Had the event happened today it would have been catastrophic, wiping out New York and other coastal cities.

There have been found large fissures along cliffs on Tenerife known as 'Los Gigantes' suggesting a repeat of the previous event......I'm off to Google some more info on the subject.

Found this:-

http://www.lapalma-tsunami.com/tsunami.html
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2016, 12:18 PM

Gosh! I hope this hasn't spoilt Floyd's holiday in any way
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2016, 12:39 PM

My sister and her daughter and grandchildren are going to Tenerife two weeks today.
I wish I was going if it erupts, I would like to see a live volcano eruption as long as I am not standing next to it
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2016, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
My sister and her daughter and grandchildren are going to Tenerife two weeks today.
I wish I was going if it erupts, I would like to see a live volcano eruption as long as I am not standing next to it
Yes, me too Meg...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top