Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 05:16 PM

Sarcasm

It has been claimed that certain less demonstrative cultures such as the Japanese and Germans don't have sarcasm, but this is not the case. Sarcasm is fine-tuned to fit a culture, which is why some cultures may not understand ours.

Most recent rearch suggests that sarcasm is an evolutionary attribute, a facet of what antropologists call "social intelligence". Children as young as five can detect it quite easy.

Scarcasm seems to exercise the brain more than sincere statements do. And scientists have monitored the brain and found it works far harder to understand sarcasm. Their findings being that sarcasm is a good thing for our brain.

So do you find sarcasm keeps your brain in trim and keeps you young?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 05:40 PM

Re: Sarcasm

Depends on the level of sarcasm and how the recipient understands it. For many folk, any kind of humorous banter whatsoever goes right above their heads. It's good to have a dig but only if you can take it back yourself.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 05:45 PM

Me no understand? Me stupid. Me going back to my cage and swing on my perch.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Depends on the level of sarcasm and how the recipient understands it. For many folk, any kind of humorous banter whatsoever goes right above their heads. It's good to have a dig but only if you can take it back yourself.
Spot on Floydy. So we are blessed then with those who do not understand it and those who cannot take it back.

This guy knows what he is talking about.

You just left out, is it fun or is it sad?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Me no understand? Me stupid. Me going back to my cage and swing on my perch.
Oh you think so, do you?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

26-10-2016, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Spot on Floydy. So we are blessed then with those who do not understand it and those who cannot take it back.

This guy knows what he is talking about.

You just left out, is it fun or is it sad?
Correct.
It can be fun. 'Sad' is a strange word to use.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 05:53 PM

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit...but I use it wherever and whenever I can. My three sons are even more skilled users than I.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2016, 06:05 PM

Oh you think so, do you?
dukeofearl
south coast uk

26-10-2016, 06:50 PM

Correct.
It can be fun. 'Sad' is a strange word to use.
I agree Floydy, I got to the last word and forgot what it was

Guess the real question must be, if sarcasm is so good for the brain and the aging process, should we use it a lot on Forums?
dukeofearl
south coast uk

26-10-2016, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
You get everywhere, you do

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top