Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 10:54 PM

Planet Earth

This excellent series finishes tomorrow.

David Attenborough urges caution to us about leaving less and less green space on our planet.

He says: "It is surely our responsibility to do everything within our power to create a planet that provides a home not just for us, but for ALL life on earth."

I really love those words.
mei
Asia
mei is female  mei has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 02:19 AM

Re: Planet Earth

He is right.

On the aside I was watching a program yesterday relating how 120 plus countries finally reached an agreement about global warming few months ago , and that it was a very emotional time as they said it was really difficult to reach an agreement aimed at so many partners and they felt a bit emotional, once they signed, as they had the feeling they had done something very important for the planet and for the generations to come.
Now we have a U.S president denying that global warming exists, refuting all the reports made all over the world by planet experts....

I really wonder where all that will leave us ...
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 01:50 PM

"On the aside I was watching a program yesterday relating how 120 plus countries finally reached an agreement about global warming few months ago"

Good intentions butter no parsnips - it's one thing reaching an agreement, it's quite another sticking to that agreement.
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 03:13 PM

I've recorded the series so I can watch it over the Christmas holidays. It will be a beacon of reality and light amongst the dross that will be on.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 04:21 PM

I have recorded most of the programmes to enjoy at leisure .
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
David Attenborough urges caution to us about leaving less and less green space on our planet.

He says: "It is surely our responsibility to do everything within our power to create a planet that provides a home not just for us, but for ALL life on earth."
Extreme naivity annoys me, there is not a hope in hell that humans, the two legged monsters that think only of themselves, who have systematically destroyed vast areas and huge numbers of creatures in their remoreless ride to the 'top of the pile' and who are mostly so ignorant that talking about saving whales, or tigers. or elephants just goes straight over their heads.

The human population explosion is now nearing an unstopable near vertical line which can and will result in so many people fighting for so little resource that rain forrests, tigers, lions, dogs even, don't stand a chance.

What makes David Attenborough think he can do anything, that his well paid job will have any influence, people like you Mups might listen and even do what you can, but very few humans will do likewise, as a percentage I would say you and those other Attenborough followers represnt about 0.05% of the worlds population, about 0.005% in 50 years.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 09:26 PM

I understand what you are saying Loses, but at least wording his thoughts and trying to educate people, is better than doing sod all.
Even if each person did one small thing to help the planet, I believe it could add up.

I do realise we can't force humanity to change, and one day, when it is too late, our mistakes will be realised.

There is no simple solution.
Just each try to do our bit, whatever that be, no matter how small.
I would rather see a some wild birds getting through winter a bit easier, because of me putting extra food out for them, than sit in my nice warm house and blame the world. I would rather save one hedgehog than none at all etc.
I am sure we can all do something.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top