Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 11:22 AM

srewfix =screwup more like

What a morning!

Scrwfix=ScrewUP

Ordered an item from Screwfix and paid via Paypal. Sue going to collect it and Screwfix won't release it to her even though she has ID. If paying by paypal the person on the paypal accout can only collect with ID

Last time I ordered from them was at our old address, try changing the address using same email addy and password

So rang head office who will do a refund to paypal and Sue will have to pay on her credit card. I have never heard of such a screwup farce which is what the company should be called.

Next decided to get petrol lawnmower ready for the season, so oil change easy?yes erm NO. I have never on all the petrol engines I have owned never seen how impossible to do an engine oil change this is. What I presume is the oil drain plug (no instructions anywhere) is lower that the cutting blade raised cover, so it can't be drained that way.
So searching on the web others with th4e same problem like me have found a large syringe designed for the job which is inserted down the filler hole. How stupid is that??? beyond me.

Needless to say Sue is mad at me
even though I am trying to do it as she wants to mow the lawn this afternoon Why?

On top of that the internet is playing up and not responding properly
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 11:33 AM

Re: srewfix =screwup more like

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
What a morning!

Scrwfix=ScrewUP

Ordered an item from Screwfix and paid via Paypal. Sue going to collect it and Screwfix won't release it to her even though she has ID. If paying by paypal the person on the paypal accout can only collect with ID

Last time I ordered from them was at our old address, try changing the address using same email addy and password

So rang head office who will do a refund to paypal and Sue will have to pay on her credit card. I have never heard of such a screwup farce which is what the company should be called.

Next decided to get petrol lawnmower ready for the season, so oil change easy?yes erm NO. I have never on all the petrol engines I have owned never seen how impossible to do an engine oil change this is. What I presume is the oil drain plug (no instructions anywhere) is lower that the cutting blade raised cover, so it can't be drained that way.
So searching on the web others with th4e same problem like me have found a large syringe designed for the job which is inserted down the filler hole. How stupid is that??? beyond me.

Needless to say Sue is mad at me
even though I am trying to do it as she wants to mow the lawn this afternoon Why?

On top of that the internet is playing up and not responding properly
Oh dear RS, having a bad morning I think. Generally I have always found SF to be ok but they do get a bit confused at times. I think it depends on the manager at the branch. Not difficult for them to prove who you are though as they must have your telephone number on your account.

As for special tools, don't get me started.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 11:53 AM

Luckily I use the Electrifix trade only arm of Screwfix - a damned site better and those behind the counter actually know what they're doing.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Luckily I use the Electrifix trade only arm of Screwfix - a damned site better and those behind the counter actually know what they're doing.
Can be a lot quicker too. Better than getting stuck behind old Mrs Biggleswade trying to buy one of those blue thingymajigs for her whatsitsname.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 12:20 PM

It's PayPal that's the problem in this case they insist it's released only to named person on the account. Screw fix are only doing as they are told.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 12:32 PM

Well Sue a bit happier now she has the petrol lawnmower working to play with. I don't know why she wants to mow the lawn but who am I to ask. Oil change done, first time since we had it about5 years ago or so.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 10:09 PM

I cut out the security issues Realspeed by visiting my local B&Q in person, select the required item [and also spot a few other things that will come in handy] call in at the cafe for a sausage sandwich [Daughter works in the cafe so deduct 10%] and then pay woman at the till with coin of the realm.....Job done.....
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 10:39 PM

I use Toolstation in Newport. Far better service than Screwitfix who are a bunch of box shifters.

B+Q coffee is a problem, as they won't serve coffee in cups only mugs. So Mrs Dobra buys a mug and I tip half away.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2017, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
I use Toolstation in Newport. Far better service than Screwitfix who are a bunch of box shifters.

B+Q coffee is a problem, as they won't serve coffee in cups only mugs. So Mrs Dobra buys a mug and I tip half away.
Strictly a tea drinker myself Dobra, but I'll have a word with my daughter see if she can sort you out a cup.....
PS:- B&Q don't own the cafe' it's a franchise.....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

22-02-2017, 10:49 PM

On the net I saw a syringe for sucking oil out of a small petrol engine and Screwfix was the nearest stockest. Sue wanted the use of the lawnmower this morning so it was a get item quick and do oil change. Hence we went there. I am not a fan of that company anyway but pickup within 5 minutes so used them

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top