Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 12:15 PM

Looney Labour Split Coming?

It was known well before the election that over 100 Labour MPs were planning to oust Corbyn if he lost the election and create a new Labour party.

The Looney Labour party has been in chaos throughout and since the election and it seems things might be about to change according to the article below:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...-wing-mps-may/

"Rumours that senior Labour MPs are working behind the scenes to build a new movement which would be seen as a more centrist version of Labour were circulating amid the chaos.

Supporters are reportedly speaking to donors in a bid to build up a war-chest to split Labour and move away from the hard-left supporters of the current leader.

Mr Lavery suggested Labour could draw up plans to give members more power over who is selected as an MP, allowing hard-left supporters greater control over what the parliamentary party looks like.

Mr Corbyn has previously suffered opposition from within his own party and last week Chuka Umunna, a former rising star, tabled an amendment on Brexit which prompted almost 50 Labour MPs to rebel."
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 12:20 PM

Re: Looney Labour Split Coming?

Well that's different to what I see, I see labour actually starting to come together, those who thought Jeremy unelectable coming back looking a bit silly but willing to work with him, and he's promoting some back into his cabinet.

The ones in disarray appear to be tories. Knives out for tm !
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well that's different to what I see, I see labour actually starting to come together, those who thought Jeremy unelectable coming back looking a bit silly but willing to work with him, and he's promoting some back into his cabinet.

The ones in disarray appear to be tories. Knives out for tm !
Exactly, we don't want the likes of Chucky Whoever that are only Blairite Tories in disguise.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 12:55 PM

Well that's different to what I see, I see labour actually starting to come together!
Rose tinted glasses I'm afraid. You should watch less Big Brother and read more.

It was widely reported that over 100 Looney Labour MPs were planning to split and create and new flavour of Labour in order to get away from the damaging hard-left aspects that are led by Corbyn.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Rose tinted glasses I'm afraid. You should watch less Big Brother and read more.

It was widely reported that over 100 Looney Labour MPs were planning to split and create and new flavour of Labour in order to get away from the damaging hard-left aspects that are led by Corbyn.
Was it really?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

I'm not watching bb so that's just rude.

I don't really see why you are so afraid of labour and Corbyn, if he's as useless as you want us to believe he's no threat to you at all. You keeping on about him makes me think he's doing better than you want and you are just a bit worried he may get in next time.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

05-07-2017, 01:15 PM

I'm not watching bb so that's just rude.

I don't really see why you are so afraid of labour and Corbyn, if he's as useless as you want us to believe he's no threat to you at all. You keeping on about him makes me think he's doing better than you want and you are just a bit worried he may get in next time.
I might see if I can get a "selfie" next week!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

05-07-2017, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I might see if I can get a "selfie" next week!
Jeremy seems very friendly I'm sure he will oblige.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

05-07-2017, 01:19 PM

I don't think he is actually down to do a speech this year but I have no doubt that he will appear on Sunday for the march.
Will be my last year for using the van I think, in future I may just go on the Sunday by coach.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

05-07-2017, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I don't think he is actually down to do a speech this year but I have no doubt that he will appear on Sunday for the march.
Will be my last year for using the van I think, in future I may just go on the Sunday by coach.
Just checked the programme he is scheduled to speak on Sunday, 3:15pm. More details here: http://www.tolpuddlemartyrs.org.uk/festival/programme

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top