Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 07:26 AM

New Police Report Form

Hi

How to mess things up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-40535694

So, we now have a system where there is a fight outside a nightclub, with dozens of people involved.

A huge melee, the Police wade in, you have no idea who you have hit, or sprayed, just a Public Order situation with people being hurt.

Many escape, only those captured are in Custody, often less than 10% of those involved.

Custody Rules, a report filled in, easy peasy, medics involved if anyone injured.

Only the Arresting Officers having to fill in the forms, it takes them off the streets for hours.

Now, everyone attending has to spend hours filling in the forms, even for persons unknown.

That takes the entire response team off the streets for hours, stupid or what?

Six response officers in the van, turn up, pile out to a riot, no idea who is who, faced with 30 idiots fighting, just try to stop it, fists and feet flying everywhere, often weapons and they are supposed to remember everything and everyone?

The entire unit, often the only one in an average sized town, is taken off duty for the rest of the shift.

This is not common sense at all.

It is sheer stupidity.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 08:01 AM

Re: New Police Report Form

The people responsible for this are the spoiled brats who go out for the evening, have too much to drink and then behave like hooligans..... and that often starts with the poor parenting skills.

Young people get bored easily these days, mainly because they don't have, or haven't learned how to deal with, responsibility

If my parents had seen reports of drunken youngsters outside clubs, as we now do every week, I would have been grounded till I proved that wasn't where I was going. By the time they reach a legal age for drinking they should have learned that only idiots lie in gutters being sick and only future residents of HM Prisons carry knives and other weapons around.

If we want to allow our kids freedom to go out and enjoy themselves, perhaps we should first teach them the potential dangers drink, drugs and violence and maybe to have a little respect for the law!

I am not saying that it didn't happen in our days, as kids, but it was unusual and it certainly didn't take a lot of the policemen's time. If the kids weren't so drunk and violent, we wouldn't now see so much of it!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 08:06 AM

On that rationale, the form should not apply in the above scenario, but should in all other cases.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
On that rationale, the form should not apply in the above scenario, but should in all other cases.
Hi

I completely agree Spitty.

Enforcement Officers are accountable when they use force, the systems are already in place.

The new system is madness however.

In a big melee, loads are arrested and handcuffed, ten minutes later, when things become clearer, they are un arrested and let free, they were not the assailants, often just defending themselves or others.

People get sprayed in these instances, collateral damage.

A victim being attacked by an assailant who is sprayed I have never known to make a complaint if they got a blast as well, they are just very happy they have been helped.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 08:32 AM

It's always unsettling, to let a worst case scenario, set the statute.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top