Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Neil K
Mansfield,UK
Neil K is male 

23-04-2011, 12:27 PM

What magazines do you read?

I'm a sucker for magazines,mostly motoring,classic motorcycle and aviation, with odd dash of BBC History...spend far too much time and hard-earned on 'em
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2011, 12:59 PM

Re: What magazines do you read?

I don't read many now Neil, I used to get the Readers Digest every month for years then stopped. The only magazine I buy now is the TV Times, I prefer the audio books now as I'm getting too lazy to read the long stuff. When I was working full time I would buy the British Jeweller, the magazine for the jewellery trade just to keep up with the latest trends. The missus loves all the romantic trash they dish out every Month, she's a real romantic addict, don't know why she married me
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2011, 04:32 PM

Time, Newsweek, Discover, Smithsonian, BBC Knowledge. Used to take US News also till they went all on line. Subscribe, not newsstand purchases.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2011, 07:07 PM

I used to take the Readers Digest on a regular basis, but I stopped my subscription years ago as I got fed up of receiving letters from Tom Champagne telling me I could win thousands.

Now I like the occasional classic motorcycle magazine and the odd gardening mag, but nothing on a regular basis. I often look at the magazine stand in the supermarket and wonder how some of the more obscure titles ever sell a copy!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2011, 07:11 PM

I will occasionally buy a gardening magazine but I'm more likely to buy a puzzle book like Sudoku, Crosswords etc...
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2011, 07:26 PM

A monthly Yoga magazine and that's it now. Used to buy the women's mags but got fed up of all the slimming features and silly romance stories.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2011, 03:41 PM

Easy living and Woman & home, used to buy Ideal Home but have stopped now, Annie.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2011, 10:00 AM

I have had a subscription to woman and home and house beautiful for the last couple of years, but i have now cancelled them for this year, they both ran out this month, to give me chance to read all the books that i have been buying
SuzyQ
London, Ontario, Canada
SuzyQ is female 

08-05-2011, 04:17 AM

None, zero, zip! I do read tons of books from the libary and my favourite author is James Patterson. I read while waiting for and riding the bus since I don't own a car now. Also, I read before falling asleep.

Magazines are now for the people who are attracted to self-improvement or celebrities gossip I guess, and I have no idea who the current movie stars may be and couldn't care less! It's unbelievable how much info we can find on the internet now so I think that's why I don't need magazines.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2011, 01:31 PM

Artists and Illustrators and Dogs Today.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top