Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 07:26 AM

Memories.

Hi

Inspired by Summer and her post about going to Huddersfield

Do you have any memories which stick with you?

Any important places or events in your life?

One such for me me was the Miners Strike.

Mum was taking my severely disabled , blind ,younger brother to hospital in Bradford.

He was in a pushchair, we had no money at that time.

Scargill's Thugs rattled the Bucket, Mum said she had nothing, so they tipped him out.

A blind, mentally disabled kid.

This was in Waterloo, Huddersfield.

Got the phone call, left work and on the hunt.

Scargill later that day was in the Beaumont Arms, my Local at that time.

He did not enjoy the experience, neither did the two out of three thugs who abused my Mum and disabled brother.

We have, all these years later, still not found the third one.

We live in hope that we do find him.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 08:00 AM

Re: Memories.

As children we had happy days at Clacton on Sea in our Caravan, also great times in Great Yarmouth.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 08:08 AM

Swimfeeders.
Very powerful memory
Memories like that should be recorded for our history. They should not be forgotten.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 08:36 AM

What an unpleasant memory Swim

Most of mine are not very pleasant so I tend not to dwell on them .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 09:00 AM

I can understand why that memory would stick out in your mind. Hope you have some nice memories of Huddersfield too, I live a 20 minutes drive from there.

I love having the memories of our family holidays in Blackpool where we went every single year until I left home at 17. Blackpool will always have a special place in my heart.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 09:13 AM

As I have mentioned before, I have a good memory for past events, I can recall even my earliest childhood, just after I was born. I remember the white canvas sided cot I was in with the nurse looking down on me. My childhood was more eventful than most, and I have recorded my memories on another thread.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 09:52 AM

My happiest memories are of us living in Aden we lived there for 4 years , two years first then home for three months then back again for another two years . We played in 40 degree heat always out in the sun , school was from 7am till midday then swimming in the pool for the rest of the day , Elephant bay or the Lido at weekends . Mum and dad had a happier life there too , a life of fun and parties for us all . When we came home to the UK we were all sad as life changed we hated the cold and wet . I've since found a Web site which has cine film memories of Aden kids and watching the memories of families we may have known .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 09:54 AM

A powerful memory Swims, no wonder it is still with you.....

My childhood memories are all good really, although a ragamuffin with his arse hanging out of his trousers we played war games and cowboys and Indians on the railway siding and pit tip, we played rounders and skipping and marbles and five stones on the street, and the sun shone every day.

Later on when married though I have memories of the miner's strike. Living amongst miners in a colliery town you couldn't avoid the bullying and divisiveness between camps, a very unpleasant period with animosity still prevailing now locally between some families even after more than 30 years....
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 10:30 AM

Some happy memories of living in The English Riviera (Torquay) when my mother plus her five sisters and all their kids would embark on a trip to the local beach where all the kids would go Winkle hunting at low water,

at the end of the day we would traipse home tired and hungry and have a wonderful bowl of boiled winkles with salt and a pin to dig them out with................The good old days
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 10:46 AM

I prefer to recall happy memories myself.
Bad memories make bad feelings come back, and I don't need those.

As a kid, I remember bringing a puppy home from the riding stables and my parents letting me keep him.

I remember holidays on the beach with my parents and grandparents, and Dad wearing a knotted handkerchief on his bald head. We used to watch Punch & Judy.

I remember living on the farm, and breeding all my beautiful animals there.

Those are the sort of things that make me happy remembering. I shove bad memories to the back of the filing cabinet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top