Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 11:47 PM

Winter clothes

I looked round several different shops this afternoon, to try and buy a couple of warm winter jumpers.
Could I find any - could I 'eck.

Many look nice and thick, but when I actually felt them they were as thin as tissue paper, and if I held them up to the light you could see straight through the pattern.

They were pretty enough, but I don't want fashion, I wanted something to keep me warm!

And what about nighties?
My arms get cold in the winter with little short sleeved nighties, but try and find a long sleeve that hasn't got half the front missing in a low neckline is practically impossible.
So to keep your arms warm, your chest freezes instead!

Maybe it's because there is only me in the bed that I feel cold in winter, maybe if there are two of you, you don't have this problem? But I can't sleep if I am cold.

Seems like I will just have to keep looking.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 11:52 PM

Re: Winter clothes

I buy PJ's in the supermarkets, they do nice fleecy ones for Winter. Don't like nighties they ride up & I end with a bare bum. Fleece jumpers are warm too. I have several. I buy men's as they are longer in the body length.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I buy PJ's in the supermarkets, they do nice fleecy ones for Winter. Don't like nighties they ride up & I end with a bare bum. Fleece jumpers are warm too. I have several. I buy men's as they are longer in the body length.

Yes, I used to have quite a few fleecy jumpers and body warmers Tiff. I daren't buy men's though as if they are very long I'd have to tuck 'em in me socks.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 11:56 PM

I usually wear those fluffy jumpers, I find them very warm. Never wear anything to bed, I get those hot flushes.
Good luck with finding something suitable Mupsy. I don't know your taste in clothes, so I cannot link.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, I used to have quite a few fleecy jumpers and body warmers Tiff. I daren't buy men's though as if they are very long I'd have to tuck 'em in me socks.
You can try them on first though, not all are that long.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

31-10-2018, 11:59 PM

Thanks Sweetie, but don't worry about a link, I'll have a wander around M & S another day, see what they've got.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

01-11-2018, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
You can try them on first though, not all are that long.

I know, I'm only joking.

The suipermarkets have loads of jumpers as you say, but I am finding they all look nice and thick, but when you feel them they are not at all thick.

Everything I see seems to be made of Acrylic blends.

Perhaps I'll have to take up knitting.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

01-11-2018, 12:01 AM

There's a lady in Tavistock who makes really nice tunic type tops for women. I have bought several from her. Shame you live too far away, Mups.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 12:02 AM

This one of the reasons I like to make our clothes and knit our jumpers, I can do exactly what we actually want and not be buying stuff out of season just because they like to get stuff out of the shops quickly. Was wearing a beautiful purple cowl neck jumper earlier I made about ten years ago, they even last longer than shop bought and can be unpicked and remade into something else if we get fed up with them.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thanks Sweetie, but don't worry about a link, I'll have a wander around M & S another day, see what they've got.
They have sales stuff already. X
Have you ever looked online at Everything for five pounds?
I have bought from that site and I was delighted.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top