Join for free
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 06:23 PM

I'd do it in a heartbeat!

What would you do without thinking for a minute.......

Here are some of the things I would do, without hesitation:

Step in if a child was being abused

Step in if an animal was being abused

Step in if I saw someone scared of a snake, as I can handle most snakes....

Step in if I saw someone being afraid of a coyote

Step in if I saw someone being afraid of a black bear

Step in if I saw chocolates being given out at the mall

Step in if I see a senior in need of a little help

That's all for now.....

.....help me here, tell me yours
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 06:46 PM

Re: I'd do it in a heartbeat!

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
What would you do without thinking for a minute.......

Here are some of the things I would do, without hesitation:

Step in if a child was being abused
Sad to say - not sure. I would certainly summon help but not sure if I would step in - not in the current climate.

Step in if an animal was being abused
Yes - been there, done that.

Step in if I saw someone scared of a snake, as I can handle most snakes....
Yes - no problem.

Step in if I saw someone being afraid of a coyote
Yes - no problem.

Step in if I saw someone being afraid of a black bear
Never met a bear - of any colour - so not sure. Like to think I would try. Can produce a really good scary growl - would that help or hinder?

Step in if I saw chocolates being given out at the mall
No - can't stand the stuff.

Step in if I see a senior in need of a little help
Been there - done that - so, Yes.

That's all for now.....

.....help me here, tell me yours [/QUOTE]
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 07:14 PM

Recent tail.....

About a couple of weeks ago an elderly lady came to our door in the evening. I meet her quite often when I am out walking but it was a bit of a surprise to see her. She just got the house numbers muddled up.

She is disabled and I didn't think she should have been out in the dark by herself. So I, with Max*. walked over to the place she needed to get to. She had a bag of clothes she was donating to a local charity. We then walked her back to her car. Not sure she should have been driving either, especially at night.

I know she is fine. We met her, her lovely little Yorkie, and the lady who walks her earlier today.

*I mentioned Max. I don't walk in the darkness - can't see well. In the circumstances, I thought it safer to have him with us. The lady knows him and appreciated him being there for us for us two aged old decrepits - he stuck to us like glue.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 07:01 PM

woman being hit by other half --------
animal abusive -in a second

cpr to collapsed person

stop to help crashed victim
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

Never met a bear - of any colour - so not sure. Like to think I would try. Can produce a really good scary growl - would that help or hinder?
[/QUOTE]

Actually Silver, it does help, hahaha. Black bears are such "chickens". If you give him a big loud growl, he will run. A grizzly on the other hand, will have you for supper..........
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

24-11-2018, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Recent tail.....

About a couple of weeks ago an elderly lady came to our door in the evening. I meet her quite often when I am out walking but it was a bit of a surprise to see her. She just got the house numbers muddled up.

She is disabled and I didn't think she should have been out in the dark by herself. So I, with Max*. walked over to the place she needed to get to. She had a bag of clothes she was donating to a local charity. We then walked her back to her car. Not sure she should have been driving either, especially at night.

I know she is fine. We met her, her lovely little Yorkie, and the lady who walks her earlier today.

*I mentioned Max. I don't walk in the darkness - can't see well. In the circumstances, I thought it safer to have him with us. The lady knows him and appreciated him being there for us for us two aged old decrepits - he stuck to us like glue.
This is lovely Bes....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

24-11-2018, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Maddy ->
woman being hit by other half --------
animal abusive -in a second

cpr to collapsed person

stop to help crashed victim
Maddy, these are great. I never took CPR, I should have...it is valuable to know. I don't think I could help a crash victim if there was a lot of blood, I have become a sissy in my old age.

Me Too, Animal abuse .........I cannot tolerate anyone hurting a child or animal. I think I would kill them.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 08:04 PM

I worked 10years for animal org .. I adore all types - yes I would kill the person if it continued..lol or make sure they never did it again '' blueberry and cpr is something that just kicks in -had to do it once on my hubby '
blood dont bother me much' its bones that get me ……...ewwwww
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

24-11-2018, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Maddy ->
I worked 10years for animal org .. I adore all types - yes I would kill the person if it continued..lol or make sure they never did it again '' blueberry and cpr is something that just kicks in -had to do it once on my hubby '
blood dont bother me much' its bones that get me ……...ewwwww
Hey Maddy, I thought there was something special about you...we animal-lovers always find each other. I worked for a short time with Animal Control. They would capture the wild feral cats who were pregnant. When the babies were born, I would foster-mommy them until they were 4 - 6 weeks, then they would take them back in to the vet and have them spayed or neutered. In the meantime, the mother cat would also get spayed so she can be let go in the wild again, and this keeps the pet population down.

I love cats. I love all animals, but cats are my favourites. I have had both.

Thanks Maddy

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top