Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 11:34 AM

House of lords

OK It's a comedian, but one speaking a lot of sense IMO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBohrY4Qfz0 we have threads about pensioner poverty and I am asked what can we cut to pay for things ? well how about starting here ! If the lords are like this imagine how much we could cut from all our government department and councils and not even notice it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 01:39 PM

Re: House of lords

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
OK It's a comedian, but one speaking a lot of sense IMO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBohrY4Qfz0 we have threads about pensioner poverty and I am asked what can we cut to pay for things ? well how about starting here ! If the lords are like this imagine how much we could cut from all our government department and councils and not even notice it.

Julie darlin' - I've been advocating this for many years, including getting rid of Mrs Windsor and her brood too, to be replaced by one person - a President who we have an opportunity to vote into and out of office at regular intervals.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Julie darlin' - I've been advocating this for many years, including getting rid of Mrs Windsor and her brood too, to be replaced by one person - a President who we have an opportunity to vote into and out of office at regular intervals.
I'm a bit of a royalist really and Mrs Windsor appears to be a rather frugal lady to me. So I'd like to prune the size of the ones we support but I'd like to see the senior Royals allowed to carry on doing what they do so well, representing us and representing charities so well. But HOL that's another matter, I think we need a second house but the lords are far too big in number and the waste highlighted in that video are criminal.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 04:44 PM

A warning about the link over it disgusting language would have been nice.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm a bit of a royalist really and Mrs Windsor appears to be a rather frugal lady to me. So I'd like to prune the size of the ones we support but I'd like to see the senior Royals allowed to carry on doing what they do so well, representing us .
You do bewilder me Julie. I thought you were all for leaving the EU, a staunch Leaver.

The reason we are in the EU in the first place is because Mrs Windsor gave her Royal Assent to each of the EU Treaties that have transferred our sovereignty over to the EUSSR.

She swore an oath at her Coronation to protect this country and its citizens which I understand specified that no foreign power or prelate should ever have control over this country.

Something is therefore very badly wrong there.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 06:24 PM

I cannot believe that with one hand everyone should be all equal and get the same and on the other Mrs Windsor is FRUGAL !
That means she wears the same coat four times?
Turns a light out once a year ?
Maybe she will cut down on the dozens of racehorses she keeps in training or her long ( very long ) holidays suitably catered for by complete staff in one of her many residencies ?
Maybe Charles will take the car not a private jet when he next goes to Scotland .
I don't believe in fawning over royalty .
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Maybe Charles will take the car not a private jet when he next goes to Scotland ..
Would that be cheaper?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 09:36 PM

Absoutely or he could take the train ( prebook is cheaper )
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Absoutely or he could take the train ( prebook is cheaper )
Think about the security if he went by car. Long trip. He would need comfort breaks and sustenance. He couldn't just pop into any old unguarded Welcome Break motorway service area to take a leak or get a Big Mac
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

15-12-2018, 07:40 AM

Why not?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top