Join for free
Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is offline
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 22,173
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
10-07-2019, 10:07 PM
1

UK benefits least

UK benefits least from EU single market for goods out of all 28 member states.

https://facts4eu.org/news/2019_jul_s...P6p0GK55ji1jS0
Reply With Quote
Judd's Avatar
Judd
Chatterbox
Judd is offline
West Riding of Yorkshire
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 8,705
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
10-07-2019, 11:10 PM
2

Re: UK benefits least

Quelle Surprise
Reply With Quote
Solasch
Senior Member
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 2,906
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
10-07-2019, 11:20 PM
3

Re: UK benefits least

Originally Posted by JBR ->
UK benefits least from EU single market for goods out of all 28 member states.

https://facts4eu.org/news/2019_jul_s...P6p0GK55ji1jS0

Ha, ha, ha, ha.Perhaps you should look up the publication they refer to. You are fooled.

Today the European Commission published the 2019 edition of the Single Market Scoreboard.
https://ec.europa.eu/growth/content/...reboard-out_en
The scoreboard provides a detailed overview of how EU single market rules were applied in the European Economic Area (EEA) in 2018; how open and integrated certain markets are; and how much EU countries*contributed to a number of EU tools to make the single market function better.

The UK's performance you can find here http://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/...x_en.htm#trade.
Reply With Quote
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Senior Member
Bread is online now
United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,507
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
10-07-2019, 11:24 PM
4

Re: UK benefits least

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Ha, ha, ha, ha.Perhaps you should look up the publication they refer to. You are fooled.

Today the European Commission published the 2019 edition of the Single Market Scoreboard.
https://ec.europa.eu/growth/content/...reboard-out_en
The scoreboard provides a detailed overview of how EU single market rules were applied in the European Economic Area (EEA) in 2018; how open and integrated certain markets are; and how much EU countries*contributed to a number of EU tools to make the single market function better.

The UK's performance you can find here http://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/...x_en.htm#trade.
Mary Poppins ^^^^
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is online now
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 17,587
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-07-2019, 04:49 AM
5

Re: UK benefits least

Hi

Yes we benefit least from the EU for Goods.

We do however Benefit most from Services.

Our Economy is Services based., we are no longer a Manufacturing Economy.

The loss of access to the EU for Services will cost us more than we pay to the EU.

Our Manufacturing Industries are largely Foreign owned.

We have no control over them, they will make their decisions solely on the basis of Profit.

The outcome of Leaving with No Deal is not in our control, it is in the Control of Foreign Companies.
Reply With Quote
Banchory
Senior Member
Banchory is online now
Kent
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 657
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-07-2019, 05:27 AM
6

Re: UK benefits least

Originally Posted by JBR ->
UK benefits least from EU single market for goods out of all 28 member states.

https://facts4eu.org/news/2019_jul_s...P6p0GK55ji1jS0
Oh dear, it seems you fell for that one hook line and sinker as will no doubt many Brexiteers

That only covers trade in goods which only account for 20% of our GDP and not services which account for the remaining 80%

Nevertheless, our GDP is large enough that the value of goods we export to the EU dwarfs Slovakia, the No 1 on those graphs

If we leave the EU with no deal/passporting rights the effect on our economy and revenues will be substantial
Reply With Quote
itsme
Senior Member
itsme is offline
Wigan UK
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 1,081
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-07-2019, 11:33 AM
7

Re: UK benefits least

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Oh dear, it seems you fell for that one hook line and sinker as will no doubt many Brexiteers

That only covers trade in goods which only account for 20% of our GDP and not services which account for the remaining 80%

Nevertheless, our GDP is large enough that the value of goods we export to the EU dwarfs Slovakia, the No 1 on those graphs

If we leave the EU with no deal/passporting rights the effect on our economy and revenues will be substantial

No surprise there that a brexiter has been conned, seems to be their favorite pastime.
Reply With Quote
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Senior Member
Bread is online now
United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,507
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-07-2019, 11:45 AM
8

Re: UK benefits least

Originally Posted by itsme ->
No surprise there that a brexiter has been conned, seems to be their favorite pastime.
The only people being conned are the remainers - you don't have any new arguments, just regurgitating the same old nonsense from people like Blair and Adonis.

Your so intelligent you can't figure out yet why we should leave the EU.
Reply With Quote
Solasch
Senior Member
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 2,906
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-07-2019, 01:54 PM
9

Re: UK benefits least

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yes we benefit least from the EU for Goods.

We do however Benefit most from Services.

Our Economy is Services based., we are no longer a Manufacturing Economy.

The loss of access to the EU for Services will cost us more than we pay to the EU.

Our Manufacturing Industries are largely Foreign owned.

We have no control over them, they will make their decisions solely on the basis of Profit.

The outcome of Leaving with No Deal is not in our control, it is in the Control of Foreign Companies.

Quote from the second link I provided above:

The*UK*has the lowest trade integration in the single market for goods and the third lowest trade integration for services. In 2017, trade integration for goods increased above the*EU*average; trade integration for services also increased relatively strongly.
Reply With Quote
itsme
Senior Member
itsme is offline
Wigan UK
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 1,081
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
11-07-2019, 04:56 PM
10

Re: UK benefits least

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The only people being conned are the remainers - you don't have any new arguments, just regurgitating the same old nonsense from people like Blair and Adonis.

Your so intelligent you can't figure out yet why we should leave the EU.

Just get back to your pastime of taking in copious amounts of lies.

And as for arguments, not one of your tribe has come up with a rational evidence based reason to leave. Care to clarify?????? Naw, didn't think so.

Oh, that's right it's run by communists, oh no its not its run by free mason, oh no its not its run by Germany, oh no its not its run by France, oh no its not its run by the commission, oh no its not its run by junker or was it barnier?
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.