Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
England
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 09:30 PM

Spiralisers.

Hands up all those who have one lurking in the back of a cupboard! My hand is in the air - I was guilty. I bought a small hand held version when they first came out - just to see what they did - Nemo thought it was a new cat toy and I haven't seen it since.

Then, earlier this year, my GP raised concerns that I might be pre-diabtic and advised me to reduce my carbs. Well, I love pasta and rice and cheese - and was reluctant to part with any of them. A friend suggested a Spiraliser. So, I bought another one - a proper one this time, with a goodly selection of blades. Brought it home - put it in a cupboard - and forgot about it.

Put on a bit of weight while involved with 'thing', decided to really revise my food intake - dragged the Spiraliser out of hibernation - and began to play. Made a Spag Bol with courgetti spaghetti - and it was great - have been playing with the thing ever since - trying all the different blades etc., even inventing new recipes.

Does anyone else have one? Do you like/use it?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 09:44 PM

Re: Spiralisers.

A lot of expense and faff when you can buy spiralised courgettes in supermarkets now.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
England
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 09:46 PM

Re: Spiralisers.

Originally Posted by Judd ->
A lot of expense and faff when you can buy spiralised courgettes in supermarkets now.
I never buy food (apart from tinned stuff) in supermarkets, Judd, loathe the places!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top