Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 05:17 PM

Policeman may lose his job

Is this 'over the top', or reasonable?

A police officer is facing the sack for dropping pepperoni on a kosher pizza being eaten by a Jewish colleague.

Apparently the Sergeant dangled a slice of his pizza over hers as a joke and a piece of pepperoni fell off. This caused the P.C. to feel unable to eat it and very "upset, embarrassed and isolated."

A disciplinary panel will now rule if the Sergeant's conduct amounted to a breach of standards and professional behaviour, and if so, he could be sacked.

With such serious things to deal with as a slice of pepperoni, no wonder they haven't got time to deal with the public when they are called!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 05:21 PM

Re: Policeman may lose his job

Mups, Everything has gone from the ridiculous to the sublime these days.
You have to think before you do something or say something as the repercussions can be devastating.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 05:25 PM

The problem with that is...we don't know the full story.

There is more to this,than dropping a pepperoni on her pizza..you don't get sacked for a small incident like that,IMO.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
The problem with that is...we don't know the full story.
Exactly! Was it a thin & crispy? A deep pan? A stuffed crust?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Is this 'over the top', or reasonable?

A police officer is facing the sack for dropping pepperoni on a kosher pizza being eaten by a Jewish colleague.

Apparently the Sergeant dangled a slice of his pizza over hers as a joke and a piece of pepperoni fell off. This caused the P.C. to feel unable to eat it and very "upset, embarrassed and isolated."

A disciplinary panel will now rule if the Sergeant's conduct amounted to a breach of standards and professional behaviour, and if so, he could be sacked.

With such serious things to deal with as a slice of pepperoni, no wonder they haven't got time to deal with the public when they are called!
Mountains out of molehills springs to mind. Doesn't sound as though it was done on purpose - but I wasn't there so don't know for certain. Sacking him seems a bit extreme.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Exactly! Was it a thin & crispy? A deep pan? A stuffed crust?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by artangel ->
mups, everything has gone from the ridiculous to the sublime these days.
You have to think before you do something or say something as the repercussions can be devastating.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 05:33 PM

In one way I think it is right because if it had been dropped onto a muslim's pizza, the copper would have been sacked instantly, so in order of fairness, I agree; however, it's just a bloody pizza and removing the piece of offending sausage would have been good enough to eat it. It's difficult enough for women in the police force and I get the feeling this woman will not go far.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
In one way I think it is right because if it had been dropped onto a muslim's pizza, the copper would have been sacked instantly, so in order of fairness, I agree; however, it's just a bloody pizza and removing the piece of offending sausage would have been good enough to eat it. It's difficult enough for women in the police force and I get the feeling this woman will not go far.
Quite agree with your comment about it being just a pizza. How did you know it was a woman Longdogs, no link was given? I guess you must have checked it out as I did too, found this link below, hope it's the correct news item?:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9209176.html

This race and religion business is really getting to be a little much, when will it ever end and when will people stop using the race / religion card? All this just defies belief, it really does!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Quite agree with your comment about it being just a pizza. How did you know it was a woman Longdogs, no link was given? I guess you must have checked it out as I did too, found this link below, hope it's the correct news item?:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9209176.html

This race and religion business is really getting to be a little much, when will it ever end and when will people stop using the race / religion card? All this just defies belief, it really does!

Yes, that's the one Baz, I should have put a link up.
Ta muchly.

She must have been an extraordinarily sensitive p.c. to feel "isolated, embarrassed and upset" over a slice of pepperoni!
I think I'd have just slung it back at him along with some colourful language.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top