Join for free
Reply
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Bread is offline
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 7,773
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-06-2020, 04:10 PM
1

EU Confirm End of Transition End if December 2020

Good news !

https://westmonster.com/uk-eu-statem...-december-2020
Reply With Quote
Percy Vere's Avatar
Percy Vere
Senior Member
Percy Vere is offline
Worcestershire, UK
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 2,397
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-06-2020, 04:13 PM
2

Re: EU Confirm End of Transition End if December 2020

Excellent.
Reply With Quote
Solasch
Chatterbox
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 7,927
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-06-2020, 06:06 PM
3

Re: EU Confirm End of Transition End if December 2020

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Good news !

https://westmonster.com/uk-eu-statem...-december-2020
What is new?
By international law the transition period ends 31 december 2020. That was known since theresa may presented her version of the withdrawal agreement.
In that agreement the option to extend was present.

23 januari 2020 boris johnson's version of the WA was ratified. Concommitantly he enshrined in british law that no extension was to be requested.

On the official date of deadline (the june meeting of the joint commitee) gove announced there would be no request to extend.
Officialy speaking, to day's meeting could not result in a request, as the deadline had passed.

So, no news at all. Congratulations.
Reply With Quote
Bread
Chatterbox
Bread is offline
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 7,773
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-06-2020, 06:33 PM
4

Re: EU Confirm End of Transition End if December 2020

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
What is new?
By international law the transition period ends 31 december 2020. That was known since theresa may presented her version of the withdrawal agreement.
In that agreement the option to extend was present.

23 januari 2020 boris johnson's version of the WA was ratified. Concommitantly he enshrined in british law that no extension was to be requested.

On the official date of deadline (the june meeting of the joint commitee) gove announced there would be no request to extend.
Officialy speaking, to day's meeting could not result in a request, as the deadline had passed.

So, no news at all. Congratulations.

You were saying MPs were trying to extend it a few days ago and before that you thought the withdrawal agreement was different to the transition period.

You give me such a laugh you know Solasch
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 21,167
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-06-2020, 06:47 PM
5

Re: EU Confirm End of Transition End if December 2020

Hi

Well we all know now that we are leaving and that 1st January is the start of a whole new world.

All we have to do now and see who gets what out of a Deal or even if there is one.
Reply With Quote
Bread
Chatterbox
Bread is offline
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 7,773
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-06-2020, 07:59 PM
6

Re: EU Confirm End of Transition End if December 2020

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Well we all know now that we are leaving and that 1st January is the start of a whole new world.

All we have to do now and see who gets what out of a Deal or even if there is one.

If there wasn't a deal to be had both sides would have walked away long before now.
Reply With Quote
Solasch
Chatterbox
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 7,927
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-06-2020, 08:46 PM
7

Re: EU Confirm End of Transition End if December 2020

Originally Posted by Bread ->
If there wasn't a deal to be had both sides would have walked away long before now.
With the one difference that the EU has continuously stated it can't be closed within the timeframe applied by the UK. Literally time will tell.
Reply With Quote
Bread
Chatterbox
Bread is offline
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 7,773
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-06-2020, 10:20 PM
8

Re: EU Confirm End of Transition End if December 2020

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
With the one difference that the EU has continuously stated it can't be closed within the timeframe applied by the UK. Literally time will tell.
The EU has continuously lied.

Its delivered nothing ... you've been given 6 weeks to agree our terms or we walk away and leave you to fall apart.
Reply With Quote
Solasch
Chatterbox
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 7,927
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-06-2020, 10:31 PM
9

Re: EU Confirm End of Transition End if December 2020

Originally Posted by Bread ->

Its delivered nothing ... you've been given 6 weeks to agree our terms or we walk away and leave you to fall apart.
Is it beginning to dawn on you? The EU will not deliver anything, before you agree on the demanded conditions. It is the UK who is the minor party in this negotiation, start behaving like you understood.
Reply With Quote
scot37
Senior Member
scot37 is offline
Aberdeenshire
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 914
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-06-2020, 10:35 PM
10

Re: EU Confirm End of Transition End if December 2020

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Is it beginning to dawn on you? The EU will not deliver anything, before you agree on the demanded conditions. It is the UK who is the minor party in this negotiation, start behaving like you understood.
The EU will still want to trade with the UK.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.