Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2011, 12:03 PM

Dogs in Afghanistan

I have just seen this on Facebook and wondered if anyone on here would like to help too as its such a lovely idea.

Army dog handlers working in Afghanistan have a big drive on trying to get people to send dog treats out to them to give the dogs on Christmas Day. One of the Soldiers is happy to have the parcels sent to him and he will distribute - it would be great if you could send a small parcel of treats (not dog food) Keep parcels under 2 Kilos and they go FREE from any Post Office. The last posting date to arrive before Christmas is 30th November. Parcels to: 25178756 PTE Downer Camp Bastion OP Herrick 15 102 TMWDSU BFPO 792
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2011, 09:12 PM

Re: Dogs in Afghanistan

What a lovely idea....I'll get some tomorrow then, those dogs do a fantastic job and are very brave!!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2011, 10:39 PM

I did this last year when my Niece's hubby came back from Afghanistan. He told me they had 'adopted' a stray dog which came into the camp and settled in along with all the 'professional' dogs....They all deserve a treat, so I'll certainly send some off...Thanks DogLover for that....
stablelady
Angus, Scotland
stablelady is female  stablelady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2011, 07:23 PM

The army have asked especially that people do not send parcels to Afghanistan over the next few weeks so that the soldiers family parcels etc. can get there.
It took ages for my son's Christmas presents to get to him last year as the field post offices were inundated with very kind gifts from the general public, which totally clogged up the system.
Wait till the new year when the field post offices don't have so much to do! It is a great idea though!
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2011, 08:31 PM

I will do this in the new year for sure. Maybe bump it in January so we don't lose the address.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2011, 08:41 PM

Great idea, count me in....
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2011, 08:49 PM

Me too. Does anyone here remember Brin the dog from Afghanistan? There's a thread here somewhere. I have kept up with him and he's doing just great and very much loved.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2011, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Me too. Does anyone here remember Brin the dog from Afghanistan? There's a thread here somewhere. I have kept up with him and he's doing just great and very much loved.
Here's the thread about Brin, Mary ...

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...in+Afghanistan

I've heard no more news about him since, unfortunately
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2011, 01:04 PM

Thanks for posting the link Mags which I've just read with a lump in my throat, then another one and another.....

What a heart warming story and I hope that Brin is ok now, wonder how he is?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2011, 01:36 PM

Here's a video I have just found on YouTube where Brin is reunited with Mark, who cared for him in Afghanistan....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top