Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 12:10 PM

Boris Caves on Human Rights Act??

This from the Daily Express this morning. Sincerely hope this is fake news as no other media commenting, but all the same.....

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...johnson-latest
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 12:27 PM

Re: Boris Caves on Human Rights Act??

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
This from the Daily Express this morning. Sincerely hope this is fake news as no other media commenting, but all the same.....

"Michel Barnier claimed"
Enough said; I wouldn't trust him if he told me grass was green.

You're right though in that nowhere else is saying anything.
Well, nothing except Gove saying “People did vote to take back control of our taxes, our borders and our waters, and that's what we aim to do,” on Good Morning Britain this morning.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 12:27 PM

I wouldn't read too much into it.

The EU hasn't signed up to it anyway.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I wouldn't read too much into it.

The EU hasn't signed up to it anyway.
If indeed Boris had "caved" in such a manner I'm pretty sure that the media would have leapt upon it immediately and - probably - Auntie Beeb would have a bulletin interrupting programming!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 12:34 PM

That was my thinking also, Damn that new Editor at the Daily Express. He still thinks he is running the News of the World with it's clickbait headlines.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

01-12-2020, 12:45 PM

That was my thinking also, Damn that new Editor at the Daily Express. He still thinks he is running the News of the World with it's clickbait headlines.
It's surprisingly quiet at the moment news-wise, so it's no great surprise - and even respected players have been doing the same recently.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 12:48 PM

It's not the first time either

I'm just waiting to see what happens when January 2021 comes along and the EU budget doesn't get approved by Hungary and Poland

It should be hilarious.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

01-12-2020, 12:59 PM

Me too. this article makes interesting read....

https://www.euronews.com/2020/06/04/...-recovery-fund
Zaphod
Lincs UK

01-12-2020, 01:16 PM

Me too. this article makes interesting read....

https://www.euronews.com/2020/06/04/...-recovery-fund
Ah yes .............

I liked this bit at the end:
' "The interesting thing is Germany that has now decided to go in favor of (new) resources, together with France. Somehow you will always have the same countries that will resist, which are the more frugal countries that see this as a way of losing the control over the budget to some extent. Although the expenses have to be agreed by unanimity, it is a bit the fear of the long term impact," says Jorge Nunez Ferrer.'

That's a clever bloke who has worked in the EU Commission and is an expert on public finances and trade policy.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2020, 01:49 PM

I dont think Boris 'caved' SG!
Arent we allready signed up to the EUHR as members of EU??
l think we just agreed to continue with the existing arrangement !!
just media spin methinks??
Theres a lot of it about at the moment, just watch the TV ??

Donkeyman! 😟😟

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top