Join for free
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 12:53 PM

Voice-overs

We've noticed not only advertising breaks are much longer now than they used to be (in the case of Judge Judy that's a GOOD thing!) but also the amount of voiceovers there are now.

Much more than when an English accent was substituted for an advert that had crossed the ocean but now to clean up the accent where non-english actors had been used presumably to comply with the diversity worshipping garbage as part of the great social engineering campaign.

Watching how the mouth movements do not line up with what they are saying to make them sound like they were English has become a bit of light entertainment in our house.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 01:26 PM

Re: Voice-overs

I have likewise noticed good foreign programming that has been ruined by some poorly acted voiceovers. Twice, I have turned muted the sound and opted for closed captions. That's shame, because the music and sound of the other language takes away from the experience. "Bordertown" and "Cable Girls" come to mind.

As for spending all that money exchange English accounts, that downright funny. The next issue will be finding offense with particular regional accents.

Might as well sound like the old "Godzilla" movie.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2021, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
We've noticed not only advertising breaks are much longer now than they used to be (in the case of Judge Judy that's a GOOD thing!) but also the amount of voiceovers there are now.

Much more than when an English accent was substituted for an advert that had crossed the ocean but now to clean up the accent where non-english actors had been used presumably to comply with the diversity worshipping garbage as part of the great social engineering campaign.

Watching how the mouth movements do not line up with what they are saying to make them sound like they were English has become a bit of light entertainment in our house.
According to thedrum.com: "Existing rules set out by Ofcom limit Channel 5, ITV 1 and Channel 4 to just seven minutes of advertising per hour, rising to between eight and 12 minutes per hour during prime time. Other less mainstream commercial stations are permitted to broadcast 9 minutes of advertising per hour."

Even 7 mins/hr can seem a long time if you're really interested in a programme, I agree. You should try watching some of the Discovery shows made for the American market. Boy, do they have ad breaks in them (not all used I hasten to add when broadcast on Sky).
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2021, 03:43 PM

When I have been watching some films on prime amazon, I’ve had to cease watching some of them, because their voices ,as in opening their mouths with the words, they are so far behind it gets annoying after a while.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2021, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
When I have been watching some films on prime amazon, I’ve had to cease watching some of them, because their voices ,as in opening their mouths with the words, they are so far behind it gets annoying after a while.
Pauline, check the audio settings on your TV. This happened to us when we were watching stuff on Sky and had Dolby stereo switched on. Now, with it switched off, it does happen at all.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top