Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2012, 02:41 AM

What Makes You Laugh?

There are some comedians which makes me laugh out loud, and some which leaves me cold, but who or what makes you laugh?

I've been putting my comical tales on here which a few folk have been reading and which makes them laugh, but they're not to everybody's taste, which is fair enough.

The folk that have made me laugh (comedians) have been Johnny Casson, Les Dawson and others of that ilk so, what kind of humour do you like? What tickles you?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2012, 10:02 AM

Re: What Makes You Laugh?

What Makes You Laugh?
Not a lot these days Mollie smile yes laugh not very often thought some of the jokes posted on 50s made me laugh ..
Andycapp
Wigan
Andycapp is male  Andycapp has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2012, 11:02 AM

Tommy Cooper as a stand up comedian made me laugh.

Peter Key in his sit coms make me laugh but I don,t find him funny in his stand up routine.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2012, 01:29 PM

Karl pillkington the bucket list sky tv :0
Silver Surfer
Manchester UK
Silver Surfer is female  Silver Surfer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2012, 02:09 PM

John Bishop is my current favourite .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2012, 03:22 PM

In past years, Morecombe & Wise, Tommy Cooper and Marti Caine come to mind.

I can't say I like any of today's comedians though.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2012, 05:26 PM

We seem to like the old comedy ones, I liked Morecambe and wise, Tommy Cooper the Two Ronnies, no-one makes me laugh now adays, I cant stand the bad language.My Dad used to fall on the floor watching Abbott and Costella in Films and it was very embarrasing going to the pictures with him as a teenager.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2012, 05:57 PM

Though I did like Morecambe and Wise, The two Ronnies and especially Dave Allen, I enjoy a lot of the cast of Mock The Week.
I've watched Jo Brand, Dara O'Briain and Russell Howard do stand up, and they are hilarious (though I wish Jo wouldn't swear so much) And Andy Parsons makes me smile as soon as I see him.
Oddly I couldn't stand Johnny Carson or Les Dawson, or Tommy Cooper come to think of it....
kathleen j
shropshire
kathleen j is female  kathleen j has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2012, 06:40 PM

I didnt think there was any ( comedians ) left.I havent seen a good one in years,
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2012, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by kathleen j ->
I didnt think there was any ( comedians ) left.I havent seen a good one in years,
I agree Kathleen, many comedians these days seem to vie with each other to utter the most expletives in a 'listen to me aren't I daring ' sort of way which doesn't impress me at all and makes me yawn .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top