Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2012, 08:21 AM

Royal Mail price rise (split from Tory thread)

Now defend the latest bit of news - Cameron lining up the Royal Mail for privatisation and flogging off to his cronies!!!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2012, 05:55 PM

Re: Royal Mail price rise (split from Tory thread)

I'll be hand delivering all my Christmas Cards from now on. We send out just over 100.....the Postage on that will be terrible and I REFUSE to pay it.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2012, 06:13 PM

I know - it is a huge increase Roxy, we send out a lot of Christmas cards. I'm going to buy enough in to cover next Christmas before the stamps go up.
romfty
spain
romfty is male 

28-03-2012, 06:30 PM

"The day she 'kicks the bucket' there will be street parties up and down the land. One song (from the Wizard of Oz) will no doubt be sung in full voice "Ding, dong the witch is dead"!!!! "

What an awful thing to say!, she was elected to do a job and did it brilliantly...........the miners came looking for a fight and got it, albeit they were mislead by that moron Scargill, who is still living the life of luxury in a penthouse flat.

David Cameron, lets see did he carry out a coup and oust the ruling party or was he elected, then joined with the midget to form a joint party. Who votes these people in? The population of the country and therefore we give them the whip hand to get the country back on it's feet after TB and GB cocked it all up!

The only decent bit of motorway in this country is the M6 toll.................roll on privatisation.
romfty
spain
romfty is male 

28-03-2012, 06:35 PM

Apparantly if the one penny stamp for first class letters had kept pace from it's inception through to modern times, it would now cost £1.29 to send a letter............so half price is not bad.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2012, 06:46 PM

I don't post many letters these days, I send email letters instead which costs nothing.

As my families live in the same areas I post Christmas cards in one envelope and get a family member to distribute them ( I have it weighed and it costs a lot less than single cards).

It is still possible to still buy stamps at the present rate marked first and second class saving some money.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2012, 11:45 PM

The cost of stamps will go up in April (?) with a second class costing 50p and a first class, 60p.

That does sound ludicrous on the surface but, if you consider that fewer people are using the mailing system to send letters these days, prefering email and even Skype, it's hardly surprising.

I can't remember the last time I literally put pen to paper to send a letter, although of course we still use the mailing system at work, plus email and fax as well.

The times they are a-changing.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 07:21 AM

Joe, you have a short memory, Tony Blair started the ball rolling when he came to office.

It is going to cost us more as we still buy first day covers for our son as we have done since he was 8 years old.
Que sera sera
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Joe, you have a short memory, Tony Blair started the ball rolling when he came to office.

It is going to cost us more as we still buy first day covers for our son as we have done since he was 8 years old.
Que sera sera
WRONG!!! yet again Bob, it was Thatcher (phth, phth, phth) who sold off for a song all our national utilities and much more to her cronies and now we are having to pay all over again.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by romfty ->
"The day she 'kicks the bucket' there will be street parties up and down the land. One song (from the Wizard of Oz) will no doubt be sung in full voice "Ding, dong the witch is dead"!!!! "

What an awful thing to say!, she was elected to do a job and did it brilliantly...........the miners came looking for a fight and got it, albeit they were mislead by that moron Scargill, who is still living the life of luxury in a penthouse flat.
I can't agree more Romfty, but I can only feel sorry for anyone that carries around that much hatred...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top