Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 09:17 AM

9am and I'm going nuts.

My house is upside down and I can't even get to the kettle for a much needed coffee. Getting a Centeral Heating Upgrade the day and since 7.45am I've had the house full of Workmen. The noise is terrible and I want to scream.
AND to top it all the Weather would pick today to go back to Freezing Cold, the back and front doors are wide open and there's sleet blowing into the kitchen. Not feeling Chipper Today at all.

Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 09:26 AM

Re: 9am and I'm going nuts.

Oh dear Roxy, you have my sympapthy. There is nothing worse than having a house full of workmen traipsing in and out all day. - Can you go into a bedroom and shut yourself away from it all. Just think how warm and comfy you will be when it is all done.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 09:27 AM

Roxy I find it difficult to cope if anyone is working in my house these days, it feels like a massive invasion of my privacy .
It all goes back to when I had my new kitchen fitted a few years ago and the work was so dangerous/horrendous I had to ask the workmen to leave

You have my sympathies, I would try to find a quiet corner in which to hide until they have gone .
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 10:24 AM

At the moment I'm trapped in the corner in front of the desk....thank goodnes the electric is still on and I still have the computer. The whole of the hall floor is now up so I can't get out of here, also the Waters off so no more coffee. Last time I was in the kitchen they'd ripped all the shelving out of my big cellar for the new boiler. They don't seem keen on putting it back either, but all the stuff from the shelves is all over my work tops so they'd better put it back.....Or I'll be doing battle today after all gggrrrr.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 10:38 AM

Just shake your Claymore at 'em Roxy darlin'
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 12:53 PM

That must be awful. When I had central heating put in here years ago I was at work during the day so didn't have to suffer it; the same as when I had the house re-wired.

I hope they have it done soon for you lass.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 02:19 PM

Oh dear Roxy, you have my sympathy too. You're right in saying that it's nearly always a cold and miserable day when jobs like this are done. I hate it too when workmen are in the house, I can never relax and long for them to be gone.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 02:38 PM

I know how you feel. And you have my sympathy but it will be worth it in the long run.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 03:02 PM

Just think how warm you will be next winter, but it is terrible having people in the house,it will soon be over its nearly the first day over now.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 03:17 PM

Hope they don't take to long, getting the job done.

I spent a few years having the big jobs done, when I bought my house.
So know just how you are feeling.
It will be worth it when they have finished. Though it take a while cleaning up after them.

Getting walls plastered is the worst job.

If you have a flask fill it up, with coffee before they come. Then if you cannot get to make a drink, you will have your stand by drink.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top