Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2012, 12:44 PM

First Bone.

The Laird brought a big Knuckle Bone back for Dageus this Morning. He's certainly enjoying it. .....Not that he'll be getting many of them.

mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2012, 12:54 PM

Re: First Bone.

He's a fine looking dog Roxy. The bone should keep him happy for sometime, it's almost as big as himself
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2012, 01:13 PM

I'm always in a quandry when it comes to bones. We used to get those huge bones for our Labrador at one time but he was always "off colour" when he's had one. Our vet at that time told us never to give raw bones at all and since then other vets have always told us, no bones. Funnily enough that was one of the first things the vet asked me the other day when we first took ChoCho after she became ill.

I have always known of course never to give lamb bones etc, but I did once presume the big knuckle bones were okay, now seemingly not. Perhaps vets are just over cautious these days, I honestly don't know.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2012, 01:22 PM

This is a Cooked Bone....I'd not have let him have it raw. I only give the Dogs a Bone occasionally in the Summer (outside) as a Treat. If this upsets him in anyway it'll be his first and last. .......Kind of a Test Run
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2012, 01:30 PM

Sorry Roxy, I didn't mean to imply in any way that you would give Dageus raw bones. It truly is that I do find it confusing with what is okay to give and what isn't. These days there are so many pet treats, pigs ears, those hide bone things that go all sticky, etc etc, it's difficult to know what is good and what isn't. I once gave Bubbles (our past little Pomeranian) one of those coloured chew sticks, oh she was so ill afterwards. The vet told me never ever to give the dogs anything that was coloured at all. I suppose animals are no different to people and all react differently to different foods.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

25-08-2012, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Sorry Roxy, I didn't mean to imply in any way that you would give Dageus raw bones. It truly is that I do find it confusing with what is okay to give and what isn't. These days there are so many pet treats, pigs ears, those hide bone things that go all sticky, etc etc, it's difficult to know what is good and what isn't. I once gave Bubbles (our past little Pomeranian) one of those coloured chew sticks, oh she was so ill afterwards. The vet told me never ever to give the dogs anything that was coloured at all. I suppose animals are no different to people and all react differently to different foods.
No No...I didn't take it that way at all, Doona Fash Yerself lol
Pigs Ears is a Thing I avoid, but I do give Deer Antler, it lasts for ages and makes no mess. Keeps the Teeth White too. I think it's trial and Error as you say every Dog reacts differently.

http://www.bigdogworld.co.uk/product...a_large_tst002
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

25-08-2012, 02:18 PM

Deer antlers.........that's a new one to me, I don't think I've seen or heard of that before. We used to find them in the park when I was a child but I never knew they were actually used for anything, other than hanging over doors.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2012, 06:11 PM

I never heard of them before either,have seen them of course but not for dogs.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

25-08-2012, 06:18 PM

They are readily available up here, if you check the red link in my last post it'll show you.
These are the Two I got for Dageus, I got them a couple of Days before I got him back in Late May.

Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2012, 06:20 PM

Dageus is beautiful, is he a Labradoodle?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top