Join for free
Page 16 of 28 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 03:21 PM

Re: Is there an after life?

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Think what you like but i know what i saw and nobody will ever make me think otherwise.
That's how I feel - we are happy in our knowledge others are confined by theirs
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 03:23 PM

Hey, Doc, I would never try to convince you that you didn't see certain things, and that you honestly believe them. I have also had similar experiences. I know they are 'real'.

There are so many things that we cannot explain or understand.
For example, I don't believe in God. I certainly cannot accept a man in a black frock telling me that if I do not worship God, I shall go to hell.

However, if God just happens to make himself visible to me, then I will be a believer.
.... but I certainly would never be able to convince you if you don't want to believe.
Deborah2307
Weymouth Dorset
Deborah2307 is female  Deborah2307 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 03:28 PM

I come from a family of believers, my brother died last year happy in the knowledge he was going somewhere, my husband died last year believing there was nothing else and he went peacefully. I believe we are made up of energy and energy never disappears it just moves on to the next thing. I was with my mum every hour before she died and although in a coma 2 hours before she died she opened her eyes smiled at 3 different points of the room, shut her eyes and passed peacefully. When my brother died I was very aware that our parents were there. Nothing we believe in will change the inevitable and having been left behind so many times all I really know is it is really painful for those who loved the deceased
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
There is no evidence any afterlife exists, imo.

Even if there was, whose to say that people would be the same as they were in this life? They could be entirely different beings.
This I agree with ...
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
There is no evidence any afterlife exists, imo.

Even if there was, whose to say that people would be the same as they were in this life? They could be entirely different beings.
Just because there is no evidence doesnt mean there isnt any "life" after death at all.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
...... i know what i saw and nobody will ever make me think otherwise.
Everyone has had visions, Doc, but that doesn't make them true. I saw the Berlin Wall dismantled, Idi Amin do a bunk, the Vietnamese (armed with only Czech-made AK47's and flip-flops) kick the Americans all the way back to War-shington. I saw Esmeralda Marcos sell off her shoes, John Kennedy get shot THREE TIMES with only ONE bullet, Lee Harvey Oswald delivering the shot with a rusty bolt action Italian Mauser from a distance of about 27 km, Monica Lewinsky lie about playing with Cuban cigars with Bill Clinton in the Whine House, a huge Boeing 727 smash into the Pentagram leaving behind only the glove-box from a Morris Minor, the WTC Bldg. 7 completely disintegrate after being subjected to a lit match 3 blocks away, Julian Assange coming under a world-wide dragnet for having consensual sex without a condom. I saw Ian Douglass Smith give up Rhodesia to “one man, one vote” without needing to be “over his dead body”. I saw the RSA slide easily into black rule without the AWB initiating their promised Revolution. And most astonishing was seeing thousands upon thousands of WMD's that were strewn about the Iraki desert simply disappear before the eyes of the whole world.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
That's how I feel - we are happy in our knowledge others are confined by theirs
People who believe otherwise aren't necessarily "confined" to that belief. Some of us simply choose to believe what we believe because it's what's in our hearts. Faith in God, as well as the belief in life after death, has to come from within. We don't just wake up one day and say "Hey, I think I'll start believing there's an afterlife." If the belief isn't there, it isn't there. But it doesn't mean we're confined to believing otherwise.

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Just because there is no evidence doesnt mean there isnt any "life" after death at all.
This is true. I don't believe there's life after death, but I can't prove that there isn't, just as someone who does believe there is life after death can prove that there is.

Truthfully, none of us will know for certain until we're dead.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
People who believe otherwise aren't necessarily "confined" to that belief. Some of us simply choose to believe what we believe because it's what's in our hearts. Faith in God, as well as the belief in life after death, has to come from within. We don't just wake up one day and say "Hey, I think I'll start believing there's an afterlife." If the belief isn't there, it isn't there. But it doesn't mean we're confined to believing otherwise.

This is true. I don't believe there's life after death, but I can't prove that there isn't, just as someone who does believe there is life after death can prove that there is.

Truthfully, none of us will know for certain until we're dead.

And if there is no life after death, we still won't know
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
[/B]

And if there is no life after death, we still won't know
You have a point there
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 01:40 PM

I believe people are 'confined' by what they know
Einstein looked beyond which is a far better vision

Page 16 of 28 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top