Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 12:44 AM

Re: Winter clothes

Sainsburys do a nice range of nightwear. But it is difficult to find a nice warm jumper. I used to like the Indigo range at M&S for cute chunky knits but not sure what's happened to that.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
This one of the reasons I like to make our clothes and knit our jumpers, I can do exactly what we actually want and not be buying stuff out of season just because they like to get stuff out of the shops quickly. Was wearing a beautiful purple cowl neck jumper earlier I made about ten years ago, they even last longer than shop bought and can be unpicked and remade into something else if we get fed up with them.

Lucky, warm, cozy family!

I can barely tie my shoes.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 08:15 AM

Cotton Traders are good for fleeces.
If you think finding warm jumpers is hard Mups, try finding warm trousers or waterproof shoes or even boots that aren't heavy and fit for hiking in the Cairngorms!
Why do the shops think women don't need to be warm and dry?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 08:32 AM

Have you tried Damart Mups?

I think all their jumpers are thermal so thin or thick, they should keep you warm.

I love the polar fleece on page one reduced from £25 to £12.50 - can't be bad.

https://www.damart.co.uk/C-178563-ju...hoCnsMQAvD_BwE
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 08:43 AM

The best jumpers imo are the knitted ones,I feel the cold terribly,when I go to bed,I take a covered hot water bottle,and with the right duvet tog,you will never feel cold,once my bottle has warmed me up,I throw it out,as it gets far to hot...good luck.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 08:57 AM

The Edinburgh Wool Mill has a good variety of jumpers. The one in my town always have a rail of tops and jumpers outside at a reduced price. I buy the reduced ones to wear around the house!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 09:27 AM

I wear slightly thicker trousers, and also wear sock in winter, However, I wear the same T shirts, and if needed, fleece jackets all the year round.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 11:47 AM

Here in Canada we never have a problem finding warm clothes. I’ve got warm snuggly nighties and leggings to wear in winter if I get cold but we have a wood stove and a well insulated house so don’t have that problem.
Plus I literally have bins full of assorted fleece fabric for sewing with. My little girls get matching coats.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 02:29 PM

I dont tend to buy jumpers but have sweatshirt/hoodies theyre lovely and wearable and warm,you could try those Mups ...If its really cold I have fleecy pjs
ptarmigan
New Member!
Northumberland, UK
ptarmigan is male 

01-11-2018, 05:11 PM

for warm jumpers try Barbour or Hogs of Fife. Rydale clothing is another outdoor clothing supplier slightly cheaper than the first two. Many country outfit retailers do warm stylish clothing
try Holland country clothing prices are reasonable and quality is too.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top