Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 08:39 PM

Re: Polygamy

I watched a programme on TV a while ago now, which covered three or four families in Utah where the husbands had multiple wives. Anybody else watch it?

I couldn't share a husband with another woman - jealousy must surely creep in - does he favour X over Y, are family chores equally shared etc. As for having a dozen or so children to see to - count me out!!

Gwyn
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 08:44 PM

Why is it always one man with several wives? I think I'll go for 7 bearded gentlemen husbands: a gardener, a DIY expert, a wealthy one, a painter & decorator, a builder, a chauffer, and a historian. (All Steampunk)
Oh dear reminds me of a Disney film!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Why is it always one man with several wives? I think I'll go for 7 bearded gentlemen husbands: a gardener, a DIY expert, a wealthy one, a painter & decorator, a builder, a chauffer, and a historian. (All Steampunk)
Ohhh greedy Twiz
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 09:04 PM

The reality show here in the States is Sister Wives. Poligamy is illegal, and this charactor is only legally married to the woman on his left. He had some sort of other ceremony with the other three.. They have a bunch of kids and seem to get along fine.. It's not something I could deal with.

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 09:08 PM

Don't worry Meg, not a sign of one on the horizon let alone 7.
I've come to the conclusion that men are the polygamous ones because women have more sense!
PoppyToo
New Member!
Northamptonshire
PoppyToo is female 

10-08-2014, 09:13 AM

If polygamy were to become common practice it would be difficult to know whether siblings were marrying each other further down the line - very complicated!

I prefer a quiet life with my own company then I only have myself to please
JoAnn
ohio united states
JoAnn is female  JoAnn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2014, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I heard the reason its always just one husband is so that they know who the biological father is of all the children. Otherwise if it were several men you wouldnt know which one it was.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2014, 03:29 PM

How do the men decided who's bed to sleep in on that one particular night?

I think it's a piece of nonsense to be honest.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2014, 03:32 PM

I love my wife utterly, but the thought of having to deal with four or five wives on a daily basis - NO THANK YOU!!!
I really don't see how it can be done. I have no particular moral objections to the idea, but it could never work for me.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2014, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
The reality show here in the States is Sister Wives. Poligamy is illegal, and this charactor is only legally married to the woman on his left. He had some sort of other ceremony with the other three.. They have a bunch of kids and seem to get along fine.. It's not something I could deal with.

I've a feeling it's like someone who likes to change their cars. When they've made use of the old one they go for a newer model. Utterly ridiculous, but the women are as daft as him.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top