Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 10:52 AM

Re: Dewali

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Wanna a Beddie?
Send em up here and i will take them to their ancestral family home and teach then how to talk proper.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 11:05 AM

Look out for a cardboard box, special delivery, with "Handle with care" printed on the side.
BTW, don't forget her name is Nellie.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 11:14 AM

From my experience with Dewali celebrations no trepidation is needed it's the friendliest most fun celebration I have ever seen. Even better than Dashain and that was fantastic fun.
Boots
Dorset UK
Boots is female  Boots has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 04:26 PM

I know nothing about celebrations that other cultures have in this country. Where I live there are very few people who aren't white British people born and bred here. There are one or two of Asian descent and most of the migrants are Poles or other eastern Europeans. I have never lived anywhere in the UK where there were a lot of people from other cultures.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 04:40 PM

Well, I've returned from my Diwali lunch. There were about 18 of us in the end, and very pleasant it was too, they made me very welcome.
Can't really tell you what we ate, all I can say was there were about 6 different things on one plate. 3 were made with yoghurts with different flavours and bits added, then there was rice with an odd looking liquid poured over it. There were also some things like small popadoms, and some spicy vegetables. But there were some chick peas done in really hot spicy sauce, that was fine when you first put it in your mouth, but by golly it was hot when it went down. Phew. I needed some cold water quick!
So today you really can call me "Hot Lips."
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 04:43 PM

Hi Hot Lips - so pleased all went well
Oh did you do any dancin' ?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 04:50 PM

Glad you enjoyed it Mups .... is it the wedding next?

Let us know if you want your User name changing to Hot Lips
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

'giggle'
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

04-11-2015, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

That made me laugh Mags.

solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well, I've returned from my Diwali lunch. There were about 18 of us in the end, and very pleasant it was too, they made me very welcome.
Can't really tell you what we ate, all I can say was there were about 6 different things on one plate. 3 were made with yoghurts with different flavours and bits added, then there was rice with an odd looking liquid poured over it. There were also some things like small popadoms, and some spicy vegetables. But there were some chick peas done in really hot spicy sauce, that was fine when you first put it in your mouth, but by golly it was hot when it went down. Phew. I needed some cold water quick!
So today you really can call me "Hot Lips."

I always enjoyed Deepavali when I lived in Malaya so this all brings back memories of delicious tasting foods .

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top