Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2016, 10:30 PM

Re: Cameron, Osborne & IDS guilty of manslaughter???

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I think many people were harmed by the former government.
I agree APRICOT, so many were encouraged to take on debt they could ill afford and some of them chose suicide as a way out.
Labour aren't exactly squeaky clean, either.
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2016, 11:12 PM

Osborne's Tory bum should be kicked to kingdom come and back.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by countrygirl ->
Osborne's Tory bum should be kicked to kingdom come and back.

Oi!!! - join the back of the queue!!!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 10:13 AM

Countrygirl in "About me" profile

I live on the edge of the countryside near a forest. I try to be respectful of other people's beliefs / customs and I think I am a fair minded reasonable person.

Then you post quote " Osborne's Tory bum should be kicked to kingdom come and back."

Funny idea of being a fair minded reasonable person let alone the respect bit.
Maybe better to say nothing than contradict yourself
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
How do you know? I'm not disputing it but some figures to back it up might help.
I don't especially remember the labour years as all milk and honey and no hardship.
I don't remember it as kicking disabled people when they were down though, I do think they had suicides but it would have been over debts not benefits. Imo
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Countrygirl in "About me" profile

I live on the edge of the countryside near a forest. I try to be respectful of other people's beliefs / customs and I think I am a fair minded reasonable person.

Then you post quote " Osborne's Tory bum should be kicked to kingdom come and back."

Funny idea of being a fair minded reasonable person let alone the respect bit.
Maybe better to say nothing than contradict yourself
Or just accept people are flawed and don't always live up to their ideals. I don't understand why anyone goes looking at others profiles why not just discuss the point not the poster ?
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 10:33 AM

I apologise. No offence meant to Mr Osborne. I just feel sorry for the victims in all of this.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 11:05 AM

Julie
profiles are there so a poster can say a bit about themselves if they want to, and for others to read.

When a point in a thread is directly opposite to a profile ( whoever made the post) it weakens the point they are trying to make.

There are quite a few members who do this not one particular person

That is why I have not written anything in my profile
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

24-01-2016, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Julie
profiles are there so a poster can say a bit about themselves if they want to, and for others to read.

When a point is directly opposite to a profile ( whoever made the post) it weakens the point they are trying to make.

There are quite a few members who do this not one particular person
It just doesn't seem fair to pick one person out in that case.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

24-01-2016, 11:14 AM

There are some instances where a member has a completely different view especially in politics to others.

Others just want to cause trouble and post for no particular reason but to stir things up

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top